My Old Missile Site Is A

willie-pete

BNB now. You can rent it for $295 a night.

Looks a lot nicer than when I spent days there.

:biggrin:

About this space

Stay in a former Titan II Nuclear Missile Complex! You'll have the entire Launch Control Center (LCC) of about 3500 sq ft to yourself.

The space
This is the original underground Launch Control Center of a decommissioned Titan II Nuclear Missile complex. It has been converted into a completely stand-alone home with a luxury master bed / bath, kitchen, theater / living space and multi-use space.

Guest access
Guests can access the original Launch Control Center and Blast Lock area. This is over 3000 sq ft and features a completely underground self-contained home.

Other things to note
This is one of the most unique places available to stay in the world! Please ask any questions you may have. We'll talk after you book to make sure this will be a great place for you. Thanks! "
Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Your link goes to a "mushroom dome" BnB in a forest?   I can't seem to find a Titan missile site by searching either. 

Interesting idea....  So, does it have an elevator?  and/or how deep are the living quarters?  It would be interesting to stay, but my brand new titanium knees wouldn't like lots of stairs!

1 hour ago, Tvov said:

Your link goes to a "mushroom dome" BnB in a forest?   I can't seem to find a Titan missile site by searching either. 

Interesting idea....  So, does it have an elevator?  and/or how deep are the living quarters?  It would be interesting to stay, but my brand new titanium knees wouldn't like lots of stairs!

:headscratch:

Here is a screen shot of where the link takes me - IDK how you got to a mushroom dome. The control center was only three levels high - no elevator, but there was elevator access to get down to it - about 40 feet down. That is now gone,  so there are a few steps involved.

bnb.thumb.PNG.b9561e2a5e110e795cdb8c69cd5fd3bf.PNG

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JCN said:

That is sweet. I wonder if I could convince the wife and kiddo to go there as a vacation!

Yeah, it looks like the guy did an amazing job with it. Here is a video from when he first started a few years ago. He has a youtube channel;  " Death Wears Bunny Slippers ", where he shows progress.

If you are ever near Tucson, AZ, you can also spend the night in the original silo in the Titan Missile Museum.

But you have to sleep in the bedroom in the photo I posted.

:biggrin:

Edited by willie-pete

40 minutes ago, FullClip said:

Nope....no thanks.  I already spend a lot of my time in the cellar here at home.   The views above ground are usually a lot better.

Definetely ! We had a saying back then; " Every day you spend above ground is a good day ", meaning you weren't on alert.

I have that same saying these days, 

but it means something completely different now.

:whistling:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, holyjohnson said:

what time do you do the Turn Down service?

:poke:

I hope he makes a go at it. If I was passing through the area I would definitely spend a night there just for old times's sake. He's been at it 10 years now. He bought the site 10 years ago and started working on it then.

4 hours ago, willie-pete said:

I hope he makes a go at it. If I was passing through the area I would definitely spend a night there just for old times's sake. He's been at it 10 years now. He bought the site 10 years ago and started working on it then.

i`d stay there if i was looking for a spot in Ark.

looks like a cool idea.

• Like 1

If the "Grand Tour" kicks off, I want the R-36M2 missile (Mod-6) with the 20 MT warhead to land within a 2 meter CEP of me, with a ground burst detonation. 

Being subjected to a 2.3 mile radius fireball at ~50,000 degrees, with ten thousand REMs, and tons of overpressure is preferable to being over-radiated with fallout and starving to death over the period of weeks to months.

Edited by blueiron