CZ's. Am I the only one in the world that doesn't get it?

Wishoot

~14 years ago, I bought my first CZ 75B 9mm in SS for around $375.00.  I love to tinker with guns and so I took it all apart and polished/stoned the internal contact points.  It turned out very well - felt like it ran on ball bearings.  Then I discovered Angus Hobdell's CZ Custom site and ordered the SAO conversion parts.  Wow!  What a shooter the pistol turned out to be!  Bought another CZ 75B and did the same mods a few months later.  Couple years later, found a Kadet II .22 conversion kit and had the most accurate .22 pistol I could possibly imagine.  I'm hooked.

10 hours ago, Valmet said:

I’m not a CZ guy and never have been. Don’t get me wrong I’m familiar with their products and am aware of their solid reputation, I’ve just never been interested enough to buy one. 

I think that's fair. And I think most shooters can say that about any number of manufacturers too.

On 10/22/2017 at 9:44 AM, Wishoot said:

For a period of time, I bought into the CZ hype.  At one point, I had 6.  Now I'm down to 1, a CZ82.  

They were reliable, and reasonably accurate, but there was something about them that just left me a little cold.  I couldn't find that special whatever that makes them so popular among other shooters.  I found that I seem to gravitate more towards Ruger, Glock, Browning and S&W.  

Anyone else out there that just can't understand the popularity of CZ's?

I didn't realize the CZ brand as a whole was over-hyped nowadays.  I know some models have been at times.  I don't personally know anyone who owns a CZ who claims it's better than any of their other pistols.  I think the CZ-75 is on par with the Beretta 92, Sig P226 and other all-metal service pistols. Unless you send it to CZ Custom, Cajun Gun Works or do some work on it yourself, it won't be anything other than a service pistol, but it is a good shooting, reliable gun that's fun at the range. I know years back when CZs started hitting the US market at low prices, they were a big deal.  Recently, the only CZ I know that was heavily promoted and seemed overly popular is the CZ-P10C.  Now, I definitely think that particular CZ was over-hyped.  It was supposedly going to take over the striker-fired gun market, at least according to many YouTube reviewers.  That didn't happen. It's an average polymer, striker-fired gun.  Some people may like them due to personal preference but they are no better than the competition. I've owned two of them and have since sold them both.

Edited by bobandmikako