Can't Lie To Your Wife

Well, there was that one time many, many, many, years ago when I told her that if she would marry me, I would give her a life beyond belief. 

Now, many, many, many, years later she tells me she still can't believe her life with me.(?)

• Like 2

I set the expectations now and she stayed.

Told her on the first date i was not interested in Miss Right...but Miss Right Now....and that i was no gentlemen and had no desires to become one.

Married 18 years last March.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Historian said:

It sure is. I feel like there's much to go and much to learn.

I am the wife and this year will be our 45th.  It is NOT easy being married that long, there is good and not so good, but you work it out together and I can truly say the reason it has lasted this long is we are the best of friends.  If you spouse isn't your best friend then you have a problem.  (Just my 2 cents worth.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Mrs Glockrunner said:

I am the wife and this year will be our 45th.  It is NOT easy being married that long, there is good and not so good, but you work it out together and I can truly say the reason it has lasted this long is we are the best of friends.  If you spouse isn't your best friend then you have a problem.  (Just my 2 cents worth.)

God bless you.  That's a long time.

You are truly right.

This last March my wife and i remarried in the Catholic church.   We were married outside of the church.

I knew it was the right thing to do...because i got nervous.   I honestly...was nervous.

I think the important thing about marriage is to try to always live up to your own expectations of being a better person.  For them.   You have to try to live up the higher standard you think they deserve.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Historian said:

It sure is. I feel like there's much to go and much to learn.

Just make sure YOU listen to her...you'll be just fine. 

And Yes, after 51 years marriage, and going together 3 years before that...She Must be your best Friend. 

I'm only 72, so hopefully I've got another 15-20 years with my magnificent "girl friend".:D

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swampfox762 said:

Just make sure YOU listen to her...you'll be just fine. 

And Yes, after 51 years marriage, and going together 3 years before that...She Must be your best Friend. 

I'm only 72, so hopefully I've got another 15-20 years with my magnificent "girl friend".:D

There's some inspiration.  Wonderful. 

Yeah. She's my girl.   Every day i ask God to let me love her just a bit more.   I couldn't be with someone else.

I really glad this thread started. 

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1