Best apology today

Mrs.Cicero

I have to admit a moment of fatherly pride when to all our surprise, my daughter of 3 or 4 years kept trying to open the screen door and it had accidently locked from the inside.  She repeatedly pulled on the door and it snapped back shut.

My wife heard her banging the screen door and went to unlock it.  My little pride and joy climbed hand over hand up the steps into the kitchen and proclaimed, "God Damn Door!".  She got the context right!

• Haha 1

I was raised in a gas station with mechanics. My dad was a decorated combat sailor. I learned a few thing. 

My mom and I fought constantly. One day when I was about 14 I blurted out the wrong thing to my mother. She started crying, saying she had never heard such language before. 

My best friend put his arm around Her and asked “Do you actually know your husband?”

This was not the best to say. 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I have to agree that after my time in the Navy I was a changed man with a questionable vocabulary.  It took years to undo the worst of my training.

I was a street cop for five years before becoming a dad.   When little historian came home i realized my language was not what she deserved to learn.

• Thanks 1