How New York City’s Emergency Ventilator Stockpile Ended Up on the Auction Block

TBO

i don`t want to make too much sense where the Government is Concerned, but if a Local Government takes Tax Dollars for one thing, then sells that thing for less and uses the Profits to go elsewhere.

isn't that the same as Money Laundering?

and in this case gross Negligence.

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

i don`t want to make too much sense where the Government is Concerned, but if a Local Government takes Tax Dollars for one thing, then sells that thing for less and uses the Profits to go elsewhere.

This is just another example of politicians making decisions that are way out of their ability to make a judgement on.  I'll bet it went this way.  Politician, "Is their any immediate need for this equipment?".  Medical people, "Well, no".  Ok then, what can we get for it if we sell it!

The point is, how you pose the question will determine the answer.  The politician got the answer they wanted, by the way they posed the question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

When I worked for a local school system, an approved budget was considered a legal document and technically spending money approved for one type of thing for something supposedly a different kind of thing was a violation of the law. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, railfancwb said:

When I worked for a local school system, an approved budget was considered a legal document and technically spending money approved for one type of thing for something supposedly a different kind of thing was a violation of the law. 

I'm sure de Blasio doesn't let those kind of formalities slow him down. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1