false evidence to arrest people .

ASH

13 hours ago, PPQer said:

That's why you should always be polite to cops.  Say the wrong thing and piss them off, the drop bag comes out.

Come on, man. That's like saying "Piss the teacher off, and she'll diddle your kid." or "Don't screw with your doctor, he'll remove the wrong kidney."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tadbart said:

Come on, man. That's like saying "Piss the teacher off, and she'll diddle your kid." or "Don't screw with your doctor, he'll remove the wrong kidney."

Gotta agree with PPQer. A teacher or Doctor cannot arrest you, but a cop can take you, to quote al Pacino in And Justice for All, "right to f%king jail", for no good reason at all.

17 minutes ago, tadbart said:

I'll take my chances on inherent integrity within the profession. The dude in the OP is an outlier. YMMV.

Are you saying you will be rude to a cop for no reason?

ALL cops I've ever dealt with have been good. May or not be because I was polite to them, but I'll never know because I wasn't rude.

I'm rarely rude to people, but never to cops because, as the saying goes, you may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride'. 

Not sure if you're saying you'll take your chances being rude to a cop, but if so, YMMV. ?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eruby said:

Are you saying you will be rude to a cop for no reason?

ALL cops I've ever dealt with have been good. May or not be because I was polite to them, but I'll never know because I wasn't rude.

I'm rarely rude to people, but never to cops because, as the saying goes, you may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride'. 

Not sure if you're saying you'll take your chances being rude to a cop, but if so, YMMV. ?

Not for no reason, but I know my rights. No, you may not search me. No you DO NOT smell weed or booze. Write me my ticket for the original stop if you will, and leave me alone. Even if it results in a POP ticket, I'm good with my stance.

Now, back to your inference that a cop would plant drugs on you for pissing him off... Let's not shuck and weave, אדוני

• Like 1

Just now, tadbart said:

Not for no reason, but I know my rights. No, you may not search me. No you DO NOT smell weed or booze. Write me my ticket for the original stop if you will, and leave me alone. Even if it results in a POP ticket, I'm good with my stance.

Now, back to your inference that a cop would plant drugs on you for pissing him off... Let's not shuck and weave, אדוני

I apologize for being unclear. I didn't read the story, just the headline. 

All I am saying is it's always better to be polite to a cop, or most people for that matter, than to to be rude.

I also know my rights, and do not consent to searches. I have twice AFAIK, got warnings instead of tickets, because I was polite, and not rude or combative.

If PPQer was implying a cop might plant drugs, I missed that as I didn't read the story.

I am not trying to be combative to you tadbart, and I may well have not been on the same page as you in re this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eruby said:

I apologize for being unclear. I didn't read the story, just the headline. 

All I am saying is it's always better to be polite to a cop, or most people for that matter, than to to be rude.

I also know my rights, and do not consent to searches. I have twice AFAIK, got warnings instead of tickets, because I was polite, and not rude or combative.

If PPQer was implying a cop might plant drugs, I missed that as I didn't read the story.

I am not trying to be combative to you tadbart, and I may well have not been on the same page as you in re this thread.

Due to my job, some of my dearest friends are cops. Hell, I packed one cop's house up and drove it halfway across the country, and have taught quite a few LE friends lifesaving EMT skills. Once, during a particularly dark time, it was a local LE/lifelong friend who saved my career and reputation. I'm not without fault, but I know the value of our LEOs, as well as the value of knowing one's rights. The two are not mutually exclusive. I apologize, as it was PPQ who originally made the drop bag statement, and you quoted me off that. It's my bed time, after a night of work.

It's been my experience that knowing one's rights irritates da Po-lease more than being rude to them. YMMV. :biggrin:

• Like 1

http://filmingcops.com/planting-drugs-to-arrest-innocent-people-is-part-of-the-game-cop-admits-that-false-arrests-happen-on-a-regular-basis/

Planting Drugs to Arrest Innocent People is Part of the Game — Cop Admits That False Arrests Happen on a Regular Basis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-officer-pulled-from-field-after-apparent-drug-planting-caught-on-body-cam/

LAPD officer pulled from field after apparent drug planting caught on body cam

you tube   com    SKggopuLrCI   -  I didn't want it to play here.

Criminal cases dropped after video allegedly shows officer planting drugs

Edited by PPQer
  • Like 1

now lets count all the Headlines that say "COPS DID RIGHT THING,NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL"

its hard to compare headlines of wrongdoing with no Headlines of right doing.

i know lots of LEOs know what they really hate.

Bad LEOs.

gonna be honest this is pretty bad in itself

"Nicole DeBorde, Goines’ attorney, said the announcement by Ogg’s office was a way to “poison” potential jurors in Goines’ case and for Ogg to promote herself ahead of a hotly contested Democratic primary on Tuesday for her office.

“But because these unfounded and unsupported allegations conveniently align with her very public use of the case in her campaign and offer an end run around the rules prohibiting her from discussing the facts of the pending case, she issues press release after press release, the latest in her last push before Super Tuesday,” DeBorde said."

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

now lets count all the Headlines that say "COPS DID RIGHT THING,NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL"

its hard to compare headlines of wrongdoing with no Headlines of right doing.

i know lots of LEOs know what they really hate.

Bad LEOs.

gonna be honest this is pretty bad in itself

"Nicole DeBorde, Goines’ attorney, said the announcement by Ogg’s office was a way to “poison” potential jurors in Goines’ case and for Ogg to promote herself ahead of a hotly contested Democratic primary on Tuesday for her office.

“But because these unfounded and unsupported allegations conveniently align with her very public use of the case in her campaign and offer an end run around the rules prohibiting her from discussing the facts of the pending case, she issues press release after press release, the latest in her last push before Super Tuesday,” DeBorde said."

Most people have no idea of how to improve the lot of the voter, so they denigrate what exists, to make themselves sound like a good alternative when all they are, are more of the same damned thing.

• Like 1