1986 Dodge Pickup

DrB

Am finally settling my dad's estate.  I have a 1986 Dodge Pickup sitting in a shed to deal with.  Nothing special as my dad always bought was the cheapest as far for farm pickups.  Nothing special, 2WD automatic with a slant six.  Any love for the slant six?

I'm going to have the same folks who worked on my 88 Ranger pull it out and get it running and go from there.  Has not been run in over 10 years. 

What do you think about this one?  I have the Ranger and now this.  I can't afford the classic muscle cars but I do have these trucks so there is that.  I do love trucks...

Dave..

• Like 1

When I get it out I will take some pictures.  I don't really know it's condition.  The folks who worked on the Ranger have some old pickups restored along with their muscle cars and other old cars and trucks.  I will ask when I get it pulled out.  See what they say, nothing to lose.

Dave..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deputy tom said:

I'm a slant six fanboy from fifty years ago. Good luck on this adventure and pics please. tom. :cowboy2:

Will do.  I don't want to see it in the junk yard if possible.  I do know the engine is worth something if anything with the truck.  They are not making any more.

Dave.

• Like 2

Also have tractors, John Deere B and a Ford 4000 to get moved. That is another story for another day though.  Have to figure out how to get them moved.  It is not far but I have no one to help so I have to figure that out.

Dave..

• Like 1

Out of curiosity I found a few like my dads.  This one is with the same equipment for sale around $14,000.00.  So mine is not going to the scrap yard anytime soon I don't think.  This is like what I have. Same col;or and truck.

86bram.jpg

• Like 2

depends on condition   if it needs more then  2,000 grand thrown at it , then  i would scrap it unless wanna throw money down a toilet ,

the one pictured is totally restored  for that type of money  .    we always had old farm trucks  then the uptown trucks ,  when the old farm trucks got 

to costly  for what they were  we would take the beds off  and use them for compost heaps , gravel  sand . etc   got bout 5 in a row beside bulk barn now lol

but hey you only live once , do what you like and enjoy , **** the rest .    

Edited by ASH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ASH said:

the one pictured is totally restored  for that type of money 

If mine is half way decent then that's what I'm a going to do.  I can't take money with me when I croak. If everyone junked the old trucks then there would be no old trucks around.  

Dave

• Like 3