Jim Crane has no shame.

Silentpoet

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-owner-jim-crane-says-sign-stealing-scandal-didnt-impact-the-game-as-team-issues-public-apology/

Between saying the players should not be punished and that he personally should not be held accountable, Crane has placed all the blame on Hinch, Luhnow, Cora, and Beltran. It's awfully convenient. Everyone involved in the scheme is no longer with the organization and those still with the team shouldn't face consequences.

I wonder if his wrist will ever recover from that slap on the wrist and he will ever be able to hold up that World Series ring with pride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe that feller should be in the Joe Jackson/Pete Rose club.

Nay, not should be.

Belongs there, he does.

With his cohorts.

But, even if he is run out of decent baseball, he can always get a job as a commentator on MSNBC.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

That’s it, I’ll never watch baseball again

bunch of .... felons getting paid millions for playing a child’s game

I stopped supporting professional athletics decades ago (for all the reasons that you cited).

These people never had to grow up and their egos literally fill stadiums.  They play a children's game and they act like children, spoiled children. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dric902 said:

That’s it, I’ll never watch baseball again

The only reason i watch any of it...is the world's series.

And i do that for my late mother-in-law who loved sports.  When she was laid up with cancer we watched a LOT of golf and baseball.

I think she had a thing for Tiger Woods. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Full disclosure: Huge  baseball fan, and an Astros fan. Their 2017 World Series pennant will be forever tainted, and the sad truth is they had an exceptionally talented team that didn’t need to cheat. The sign-stealing scheme was possible only with support of the team’s front office, and the players were only too happy to participate. Even if they win the World Series again this year, the stain in their 2017 year is permanent.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TXUSMC said:

Full disclosure: Huge  baseball fan, and an Astros fan. Their 2017 World Series pennant will be forever tainted, and the sad truth is they had an exceptionally talented team that didn’t need to cheat. The sign-stealing scheme was possible only with support of the team’s front office, and the players were only too happy to participate. Even if they win the World Series again this year, the stain in their 2017 year is permanent.

I think they need the asterisk like Maris got next to the title.  The real problem is there are no real consequences for the Astros comparable to what they gained.

• Like 2

Their best players will have to deal with the consequences if and when they become eligible for Hall of Fame consideration.

I think the Commissioner should have had the players forfeit their post-season $$$ shares and banned the team from post-season play in 2020.

• Like 3