Django Unchained

Huaco Kid

I'm watching it on tv.  I've never seen it before.  Pretty damn good.  I can see where they probably cut a bunch out for tv.

I didn't see the beginning,  so I don't know what's up with his freedom (?) or his wife (?) or that guy that was with him.  That guy's blasted. 

I don't know what he's going to do to Samuel L., but I know it's coming.

I liked the first 30 minutes or so, and the last 30 minutes.  There was too much fluff in the middle, specifically all the time they spent with Leo DiCaprio.  It seems to be a Tarantino specialty, like in Inglorious Basterds.  The scene at the restaurant with the girl and the Nazi was just too long.  I guess it was good for concessions though.

17 minutes ago, PPQer said:

I liked the first 30 minutes or so, and the last 30 minutes.  There was too much fluff in the middle, specifically all the time they spent with Leo DiCaprio.  It seems to be a Tarantino specialty, like in Inglorious Basterds.  The scene at the restaurant with the girl and the Nazi was just too long.  I guess it was good for concessions though.

I read that that's one of his main styles (I forget,  but there's a name for it),  where why you're trying to figure out what the movie is about,  it ends,  and that's what the movie is about.