New Knife For Christmas

Eric

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Nice. I just got another Cutco knife in the mail today. I have almost everything they make, including the hunting knife, fishing knife, pocket knife (Copperhead I think) and the Salmon Slicer.

Got a pic? I love looking at knives. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Nice. I just got another Cutco knife in the mail today. I have almost everything they make, including the hunting knife, fishing knife, pocket knife (Copperhead I think) and the Salmon Slicer.

I went to their site and peaked. Nice knives. For all the nice knives I own, my kitchen knives are junk. I need to spend some money on some decent kitchen cutlery. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric said:

I went to their site and peaked. Nice knives. For all the nice knives I own, my kitchen knives are junk. I need to spend some money on some decent kitchen cutlery. 

I gave up on good cutlery for the kitchen.  No matter the concern for the quality, they go into the dish washer, and get used on material and surfaces that ruin the edges.  Then they are thrown into a "Knife and fork drawer", I gave up!

22 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I gave up on good cutlery for the kitchen.  No matter the concern for the quality, they go into the dish washer, and get used on material and surfaces that ruin the edges.  Then they are thrown into a "Knife and fork drawer", I gave up!

You might want to get a couple of Cutco knives and give them a try.

My wife bought a set of them 3 or 4 years ago and they have held up great. Also, about every 6 months the Cutco rep calls and asks if we are ready for him to come out and freshen the edges up on all of them. 

Cool knife Eric. Thats an unusual blade. What do they call that type?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, jmohme said:

My wife bought a set of them 3 or 4 years ago and they have held up great. Also, about every 6 months the Cutco rep calls and asks if we are ready for him to come out and freshen the edges up on all of them. 

I’m not sure what they call that style. It is a new one for Benchmade. I’ve got a fixed blade with a similar shape. I like knives like that. 

• Like 1

Handling high quality knives at a retailer is dangerous.  I'm glad a good one came home with you.  That looks like a nicely rounded and functional handle.  I've got several Spyderco and Benchmade knives, but just for fun I picked up my first pure flipper knife, a Kershaw Skyline.  It's just cool enough so that I wonder what a really fist rate flipper (like your Vector) would be like. :drool: Drool.  ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jmohme said:

Thanks for the suggestion, to have quality knives one has to care for them.  MY wife does not.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

Just my opinion but for what Cutco charges there are much better choices.  :dunno: 

Edited by Rinspeed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rinspeed said:

Just my opinion but for what Cutco charges there are much better choices.  :dunno: 

I am sure that there are better choices, but I can only speak for what I find when I open my knife drawer.

5 minutes ago, astepup said:

I like knives but can't imagine spending more than $50 for one because if I did that'd be the one I'd lose. I rarely need more than a pocket knife but I must admit higher end blades look pretty damn tempting.

I used to think the same way, but then a few years back, I stumbled across a knife shop and bought my first ever $150 knife and it has not left my side since.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, janice6 said:

Cutco knives and utensils are guaranteed for life and sharpened for free. Just send them in. They come back polished, sharp as hell, and if anything isn't just right, they replace them. I have had mine since the early 70's.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Also today I put away some Buck knives. I counted 12 Buck 119. (there are more scattered around) Have a couple with stag handles. Also a 120 and 124, plus a bunch of 110's. I have boxes of collector knives stacked in my gun safe. Some worth many hundreds.

I bought my nephew a Buck 110 automatic knife. All the rest of his knives are Microtech OTF autos, but he loves that Buck too. 

8 hours ago, janice6 said:

Pretty much the same here.  The one that grinds my gears is when "someone" uses the "sharp" edge to scrape stuff off into the pot.  I give up!

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine gave me one of these for Christmas.  I've never even seen such a weapon!  An ICE PICK, with a Blood Groove???  Seriously??? 

When you hold it, it actually feels Scary!!!  Made in Italy.  Gotta love the Italians!!!

https://www.tacticalelements.com/bastinelli-creations-ice-scream/

Edited by Swampfox762
  • Like 1