This might be the most brilliant thing I've ever heard of

SC Tiger

.....in the past few days anyway - the Silent Disco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_disco

Basically, it's like a dance club except the music is broadcast over bluetooth and not through external speakers.  So if you want to listen to it you put some headphones on.  If you don't (want a break, want to talk to someone, etc) you take them off.  Gets around noise ordinances too.

While dance clubs aren't my thing, this is genius, folks.

• Like 3

• Administrators

For my part, nothing will ever replace a wall of bass donkey-kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball. It is worth a little hearing damage for the experience.Nothing will ever replace a wall of bass donkey kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball. It is worth a little hearing damage for the experience.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eric said:

For my part, nothing will ever replace a wall of bass donkey-kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball. It is worth a little hearing damage for the experience.Nothing will ever replace a wall of bass donkey kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball. It is worth a little hearing damage for the experience.

"Donkey-kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball."  

Eric, my big-giant-headed friend, you are quite the lexicologist.

• Like 3

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

"Donkey-kicking your liver and dribbling your brain like a basketball."  

Eric, my big-giant-headed friend, you are quite the lexicologist.

I should pitch a movie idea for the Star Trek franchise. In it, I would play LexiKahn. A mind warrior from a bygone era, that would attempt to rule the galaxy with pithy prose and rich imagery. It would be a blockbuster. :greensupergrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Eric said:

I should pitch a movie idea for the Star Trek franchise. In it, I would play LexiKahn. A mind warrior from a bygone era, that would attempt to rule the galaxy with pithy prose and rich imagery. It would be a blockbuster. :greensupergrin:

LexiKhan: I've done far worse than slay you. I've impaired you. And I wish to go on injuring you. I shall abscond you as you absconded me, as you left her; marooned for infinitude in the center of a deceased planet... entombed alive!

From "Star Trek II: The Exaperation of Kahn."

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

you know Clubbing and Concerts are supposed to be a group activity a symbiosis if you will.

why does it seem everything Millennials do is singular and solely to exclude others,now even social gatherings are being turned into solitary experiences.

:fred: 

because even the Milennials can't stand to be around Milennials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

you know Clubbing and Concerts are supposed to be a group activity a symbiosis if you will.

why does it seem everything Millennials do is singular and solely to exclude others,now even social gatherings are being turned into solitary experiences.

:fred:

thats what i was thinking lol .  people go to those places to  listen to the music and party and have good time .  i cant imagine walking into a disco with all these people and hearing no music rofl . i would yell out what the **** is wrong with you people .lol   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1