Considering Moving After My Wife is Stable

Moshe

Small town corruption is getting on my nerves.  My son was subjected to a sub-par bus driver who backed into another bus with kids aboard, then managed to go on his rural route, and then clipped a parked civilian vehicle with my son and children aboard and fled the scene of the accident (felony, child endangerment), I reported this to the school board which led to the transportation manager calling up and reading my wife the riot act just when she didn't need it.  So, I called the SO, as it was their territory, but suddenly school issues, regardless of in town or in the County suddenly became a PD issue.  To make the complaint we had to go to city hall where they hang out and basically do nothing.  The guy was a smart ass the whole time, and I had to bite my tongue most of the time, until I didn't.  When the guy asked, "Well, what do you want me to do about it?"

I fired back, "What would you do if I did that?"

"Oh, I would arrest you," he replied.

I then shot back, "Well, I guess you have your answer then."

"Well, we won't bother with it until Monday and see if a detective wants to be bothered with it.  Then we will have to get a warrant for an arrest.  You can't just arrest a guy based on witnesses."

I was thinking, you idiot, that is what a JP's job is.  You can get warrants day or night.

Then this guy has the audacity to run my DL for wants and warrants from my badge wallet for bringing my son in, who was a witness to the events.

My daughter asked what a warrant was.

I had enough of institutional incompetence and answered her myself, "It means a warrant for arrest, or search of a premises."

Guess, who is not in jail as of Monday, the same schmuck.  In fact he shows up behind the wheel at the bus stop.  I walk away.  I assume the transportation coordinator was behind the guy that day, she wanted to pick a fight, and I walked away and she mewled in her fat faced ignorant drawl, "Whut? You not gonna' get on the bus today?"

I just yelled over my shoulder, "Nope!"

So, I have been ferrying everyone where they need to go.  My daughter, my son, and my wife.  I was pretty well worn by last night, but we have a Yom Tov, so we enjoyed each other's company.  I recited the blessing over the candle, challah bread, and the blessing over the year, in English and Hebrew.  It was a nice meal, I broke the round challah bread for everyone, apples, honey, humus, lamb, salad.  We lit the one candle on the menorah.  So, an irritating, stressful week, turned out well.  It amuses me that CH is silent in Challah bread.  It sounds like Hollah!  Like Hollah at me girl!

Now, for a lot of introspection for Yom Kippur.

I think I confused random callers who interrupted the meal with "Yom Tov!"

Yom Tov to all, as Rosh Hashana is over as of today.

This should be great inspiration for the novels you are working on. I’m thinking of a reimagined combination of Walking Tall and Death Wish featuring a grizzled old BP agent forced to come out of retirement to deal with fender bender scofflaw corruption that goes to the highest municipal levels.  

No need to give me authorship credit; a brief paragraph or two in the acknowledgements seems more than fair  

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, Huaco Kid said:

I guess you got your opioids back.

Nope.  But, it appears that the bus driver did. There is even video tape.  But, I guess solid witnesses and video tape are just silly bits of evidence, that confuse and anger people with the wherewithal of The Simpson's Chief Wigum.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:10 PM, Rellik said:

Ecclessiasties.  Do not be surprised at the corruption within govt, for high official looks over high official....

-that old guy, Solomon

I know.  We used to fire or send people like that to federal prison.  I guess times they are a chagin'.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Historian said:

If you're moving because of idiots good luck finding an idiot-free zone.  :)

I would like to go somewhere anything a school does that is corrupt, immoral, incompetent, it isn't like dealing with the Catholic Church in the Medieval era.  Here the cottage industry is the school system, as the hobby is idiot kids making more idiot kids about 17-18 and they keep having to build more.  I think it is encouraged, as they are confused when you don't want your pre-pubescent kids doing the lambada at a dance, as they try to sexualize them at young age in order to keep the only real industry in town to grow.  Women here can be Great Grandmothers by 40.  That is why if I have to deal with the school system, with the white in my hair and beard, I am considered to be someone's grandfather than father.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:52 PM, SigMan said:

This should be great inspiration for the novels you are working on. I’m thinking of a reimagined combination of Walking Tall and Death Wish featuring a grizzled old BP agent forced to come out of retirement to deal with fender bender scofflaw corruption that goes to the highest municipal levels.  

No need to give me authorship credit; a brief paragraph or two in the acknowledgements seems more than fair  

Nothing that fascinating.  Though, with someone of it you'll need to look up some phrases in Yiddish.  But, Mean Green isn't just a slogan.  Well, didn't used to be anyway.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, Rizzo said:

I think moving is a good idea. Best not to tangle with municipal people who are apparently immune to the vaunted Glare of Death™. ?

That is why you give them the obligatory bite at the apple and move up.  When an AG asks, why didn't you tell them first,; it is best to have an answer.

• Like 1