Trump signs order forgiving student loan debt for disabled veterans

pipedreams

21 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

President Donald Trump signed a memo to automatically discharge of federal student loan debt for permanently and totally disabled veterans during his visit to Louisville Tuesday, where he addressed about 1,900 attendees.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...nt-loan-debt-for-disabled-veterans/ar-AAG7OAo

If you or your area blown up or shot while I was drinking beer and growing fat...we got this.

Your blood paid your debt.

Edited by Historian
  • Like 1

I have advocated at the State and Fed level that disabled vets should be tax exempt.

the IRS can issue a tax number just as they do for some businesses and truckers, at the end of the year, file your taxes, use your tax number, get it all back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Booker said:

Not a criticism on the policy, just trying to understand the issue.

Are these loans made by banks?  If so, who then pays?  The taxpayer?  Or does the bank have to take the loss?

This is only for permanently and totally disabled veterans and I believe the government guarantee's the loans which are made by different financial institutions.  Someone correct this if I'm wrong.  

1 hour ago, Booker said:

Not a criticism on the policy, just trying to understand the issue.

Are these loans made by banks?  If so, who then pays?  The taxpayer?  Or does the bank have to take the loss?

I’m sure there are plenty of stipulations.

depending on the disability percentage, combat related vs service connected, government loans vs private, dates, etc

All we will here is....yah Trump, MAGAMAGAMAGCOVFEFE

Edited by Dric902