Thank you, ICE.

Ricordo

Not necessarily because of the Mississippi raids, but what you did after the raids.

I'm referring specifically to the following:

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2019/08/09/dozens-immigrants-released-after-ice-raids/1964358001/

It was explained last night that those detained with  children were released, pending process. Call me a softie, but I can't stand the sight and sounds of a child (or  woman) crying in anguish due to physical or emotional hurt. I'm just not built that way, I'm not made of stone. And for what you, ICE, did for the children after the raids, I thank you. As a human I can empathize  with you and them.

Certainly, the plight of the detained falls squarely on their own shoulders,. Actions have consequences. Whatever the detained did, they did consciously. But bringing comfort to those children in that situation was not misplaced.

Thank you,

Ricordo

I understand your sentiment, tadbart.

Reality is that many who are deported (removed, the correct term) will come back in. It's like a revolving door.

Tell you what I'd like to see. Re-establish the Adjustment of Status provision of the Immigration and Naturalization Act. It was a means for people who entered illegally to obtain legal status through the immigration system. If all conditions were met, the individual would obtain a green card. The penalty for them? Make the fee to apply $5,000.00-$7,500.00. They'll pay it.  Multiply that by, what, 5 million individuals?   Six million? Surprisingly not, the original Adjustment of Status provision was a Republican initiative, that just happened to turn bipartisan.

Remember, tadbart, anger raises blood pressure. ;)

Edited by Ricordo

Forgot. A nephew of mine is working the northern border with CBP. We have spoken about his work. My baggage includes handling a couple of Adjustment of Status cases.

It's not like the illegals are well-versed in the dark arts and are able to just disappear into the landscape. The US government knows where they are. Within his jurisdiction, my nephew knows where they are. To catch them takes legwork, at times more intensive, most times not. Sure, some will manage to slip through but it's not a pattern. What is required is the will and the means to  do it. But, in the final count,  people can be rather predictable.

Edited by Ricordo
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DWARREN123 said:

Don't want to be separated then follow the laws and do it right!

Sorry but the parents bring this down on their families.

Yep.  Little different from a criminal being arrested for breaking the law, and the spouse and kids suffer.  It's the criminal, not the law that did this.