Early Caturday

gwalchmai

So, I'm up. Been up a while. Since 5, in fact, and it's a little past 6.

Katie the Cat woke me up crying at the top of her lungs. She's only recently become a vocal cat. In fact, for her first 8 years we thought she was mute, or close to it. But she's discovered her voice and is making the most of it. The problem this morning was that Mousey, her red mouse toy, decided to become disrespectful and needed to be taught some manners. At 5 AM.

So Katie brought Mousey upstairs to our room, batted her all around the floor, and then gave he a lecture about how to behave. At 5 AM.

So I went ahead and got up, showered and dressed, all the while listening to Katie explain to Mousey how this was all her fault. Periodically she found it necessary to bat Mousey around the room, bouncing off the furniture and waking Mrs. G (who is now shopping for a dog).

So I came down and fixed coffee and fed Katie, then fired up my computer. Katie sent Mousey off to bed and is now napping in front of my monitor. Poor thing needs her sleep.

IMG_1484.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, railfancwb said:

One of mine, Popout, has discovered the power of the hiss. So for the last couple days she has been hissing at everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The discovery of power over others can be intriguing.

3 hours ago, railfancwb said:

One of mine, Popout, has discovered the power of the hiss. So for the last couple days she has been hissing at everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiss back, but louder and better. That'll give them something to think about.

• Haha 1