Dayton gunman was pro-gun control, friend says

pipedreams

"The gunman who fatally shot nine people -- including his sister -- and injured more than two dozen  in Dayton, Ohio, early Sunday was “anti-Second Amendment” and “never spit out a conservative opinion on gun control,” according to a former classmate and friend.

The 24-year-old gunman, who was killed by police less than a minute after he opened fire with an AR-15-style rifle outside a crowded bar, attended Bellbrook High School with Will El-Fakir, the Dayton Daily News reported. Although Fox News has identified him, neither his name nor his photo are being aired or published unless necessary for clarity.

El-Fakir told the paper he stopped talking to him five months ago after the future killer held a gun to his head."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-gunman-anti-2nd-amendment-not-conservative-right-leaning-left-tweets-conner-betts-will-el-fakir

"The gunman who fatally shot nine people -- including his sister -- and injured more than two dozen  in Dayton, Ohio, early Sunday was “anti-Second Amendment” and “never spit out a conservative opinion on gun control,” according to a former classmate and friend.

The 24-year-old gunman, who was killed by police less than a minute after he opened fire with an AR-15-style rifle outside a crowded bar, attended Bellbrook High School with Will El-Fakir, the Dayton Daily News reported. Although Fox News has identified him, neither his name nor his photo are being aired or published unless necessary for clarity.

El-Fakir told the paper he stopped talking to him five months ago after the future killer held a gun to his head."

4 hours ago, pipedreams said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/dayton-gunman-anti-2nd-amendment-not-conservative-right-leaning-left-tweets-conner-betts-will-el-fakir

The mass media will not let this see the light of day since it does not fit the narrative.  Nothing matters to the press and liberals but that a gun was used.  

• Like 1

"Although Fox News has identified him, neither his name nor his photo are being aired or published unless necessary for clarity."

Why oh why could it be that the media won't release his name or photo?

THAAAAAT stinks to high heaven...

Connor Betts, apparent lefty.

Edited by tadbart
  • Like 2

Sort of like he Liberal that thought the 7,62x39 was a sniper round, shot at all the conservative members of congress, and manage to only accidentally hit one in the ass?  Remember that incident?  So, the above theory is plausible.  So called ANTIFA argues for attacks on unfriendly media, and law enforcement.  I liked the Assistant Governor, telling ANTIFA to stay the hell out of Texas.  I liked the billboard that the owner was forced take down awhile back, "Liberal? Leave Texas."

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tadbart said:

Why oh why could it be that the media won't release his name or photo?

THAAAAAT stinks to high heaven...

It just takes some digging around, you'll get it.  I was irritated that various news outlets were not releasing the name of the shooter in El Paso, so I went digging.  I got out a liberal news outlet, but they were on point as to the who, what, why, when, and where.  Answers I have always wanted when I was looking into something.   I am always curious about the FBI nexus when it arrives.  They were asked for help by the local authorities, or something fell into their jurisdiction, like across State crime, or, frankly terrorism.  They labeled it as a hate crime.  I viewed it as an act of terrorism, because they were trying to terrorize a segment of society and trying to evoke fear and alarm within the Hispanic community that he targeted.  

It bothered me that it was El Paso, as I have been there many times and climate is so very different that most border towns.  If you are trying to get across a parking lot on a cross walk, they don't run you over, but stop, smile, and wave you on.  It is one of the most polite group of people this side of McAllen.  El Paso, for its size is a very friendly town.  I can't stand the smog from the Maquiladoras, but the people there are laid back, friendly, and frankly helpful.  So, that is burr that ate at me.  He went after nice, kind people, and terrorized them by targeting them for death. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tadbart said:

"Although Fox News has identified him, neither his name nor his photo are being aired or published unless necessary for clarity."

There has been some discussion among law enforcement that showing a picture feeds into the glorification of the act.  In Canada such photos, for example, are not printed or seen on television.

Part of the issue, at least in my opinion, is attacks like this seem to be appeal to a certain subset of deranged people.  The type of people who collect signatures of mass murderers or idealize crazed gunmen of the past.  

There are some sick twisted people in the world and some of them can't think of anything new/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Historian said:

There has been some discussion among law enforcement that showing a picture feeds into the glorification of the act.  In Canada such photos, for example, are not printed or seen on television.

Part of the issue, at least in my opinion, is attacks like this seem to be appeal to a certain subset of deranged people.  The type of people who collect signatures of mass murderers or idealize crazed gunmen of the past.  

There are some sick twisted people in the world and some of them can't think of anything new/

My curiosity is not wanting to see a car wreck, but knowing something about the sausage is made, I want a name and photo to know what is going on outside the walls of my home, and what I need to be vigilant for with the family in tow.  After some painful eye surgery, that was a risk of more damage, I had the lids raised.  It is a lot easier to make a nice group when you're not trying to shoot through a letter box of vision.  So, I want to be prepared to still take on my role of protector of the family.  Therefore, names and faces let me get a general sense of what is going on and possibly what to expect.  When dealing with white supremacy, perhaps a ball cap is order instead of my kippah.  Perhaps I will bring more magazines and more potent round when I go to synagogue.  If it was Hamas running amok, the same thing is in order.  Information for me is important.  What I have seen is spree with copycats. 

22 minutes ago, Moshe said:

When dealing with white supremacy, perhaps a ball cap is order instead of my kippah.  Perhaps I will bring more magazines and more potent round when I go to synagogue.  If it was Hamas running amok, the same thing is in order.  Information for me is important.  What I have seen is spree with copycats. 

Some of the greatest men in history, legends, wore the kippah.   You should stick with that.  I could be a warning sign to others.

Jewish history is full of some seriously tough Jews.

Yoni Netanyahu comes to mind.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Historian said:

Some of the greatest men in history, legends, wore the kippah.   You should stick with that.  I could be a warning sign to others.

Jewish history is full of some seriously tough Jews.

Yoni Netanyahu comes to mind.

I get your point.  However, I have to think about more than just myself.  As I mentioned before, my job is to be the protector of the family, always has been, always will be.  If I am wandering around with target on my back for one this mysterious chan whatever sites, I am doing them no favors.  I keep this arthritic neck on a swivel.  Now, more than ever.  I am dreading the tax free weekend of going back to school items.  Thinking like the idiots that have been going on  spree lately, I foresee that some bigot or mentally unbalanced person will be looking for a multitude of supposedly soft targets.  My one job is to keep an eye out to keep them safe.  I would hope there would be a heightened first responder presence to act if nothing less than a deterrent.  You get some guys that keep their uniforms neat and in order, you will probably have less of a chance of something like this occurring again.  You get some heavy physiques with no officer presence and a sloppy uniform, as we all know, and have been lectured when I was in uniform that leads to becoming a target rather than a deterrent. 

47 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I foresee that some bigot or mentally unbalanced person will be looking for a multitude of supposedly soft targets.  My one job is to keep an eye out to keep them safe.

There is something to be said about being the gray man in any situation rather than advertise.

That being said:  Ever notice how this crap never happens at Paris Island's boot camp?   That would be an astonishing error in the victim selection process.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Historian said:

There is something to be said about being the gray man in any situation rather than advertise.

That being said:  Ever notice how this crap never happens at Paris Island's boot camp?   That would be an astonishing error in the victim selection process.

In 1957 I was in the receiving station at Anacostia, MD, and one noon a guy ran into the mess hall with a .45 and pointed it at one of the marines across the mess table, then pulled the trigger.  It went "Click".  

The marine stood up at the mess table and grabbed the guy's gun and arm, and simply broke the arm.

All this happened so fast I simply watched it unfold.  I  believe he picked one of the instructors to unload on.

About this time the gate guards ran into the mess hall with sub machine guns looking for the guy that now had no gun and a broken arm.  He had apparently ran through the gate pointing the gun at the guard before anyone could stop him.

Don't mess with the Bull if you don't want the horns.  I think it's more than  simply fortuitous, that gunmen choose "no gun" facilities to shoot people.

On the other hand, I have been known to carry in the most unlikely places.  I only wish their were more of me out there.  Concealed properly means that no one knows, or no one cares.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, janice6 said:

The marine stood up at the mess table and grabbed the guy's gun and arm, and simply broke the arm.

Your honor, i rest, my case.

Lucky he didn't break the army off and beat the suspect to death with it. Then eat his lunch standing over the corpus.  Marines can be cranky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Historian said:

Your honor, i rest, my case.

Lucky he didn't break the army off and beat the suspect to death with it. Then eat his lunch standing over the corpus.  Marines can be cranky.

I have to say that that moment, I was quite surprised at the composure and skill that fellow showed in the face of "adversity".

I'm glad there are people like that on our side.

• Like 2

We had a dog handler like that, he was called the ICE man.  ICE didn't exist then as an Agency, so I asked about the nickname, and got the story behind it.  His dog hit on a three time looser who didn't want to go back to prison, but was smuggling drugs again in a semi anyway.  He approached the driver, who put a gun in his face, and pulled the trigger and it malfunctioned and did not fire.  He snatched the jammed firearm from the man who tried to shoot him in the face and began pistol whipping him with it, and showed no emotion during or after the experience.  So, from then on his nickname was the ICE man,  I thought it was pretty badass.  But, I understand where he was coming from.  During a life and death and encounter you develop a strange sense of calm, and things slow down.  The time for nightmares will be years down the road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1