Mass Shootings, Looming Gun Control, Stocking Up?

BamaBud

I really have no desire for more firearms.  I can't carry them all.  This year I was thinking of a Begara Bolt Action, because they were a company started up by two Vets, and have some of the best barrels in the world made in Spain.  I watched an Inuit guy on youtube shoot a 7mm mag a 1,100 yards in Alaska and hit the target.  That was impressive for the round.  Then he thought it must have been a fluke, but he did it again.  If I could teach my son to do the hard part that is hard on me, I wouldn't mind hunting again.  I used to boll white tail deer with this round with a Nikon BDC on a Vanguard 1 7mm mag at over 250 yards, with one shot, one kill.  I am not exactly in the best shape to go follow a blood trail for hours.  That rifle went to my father when he was hoping for a draw in NM for Elk.  But, I guess the lottery system doesn't balance toward 76 year old disabled veterans who are trying to draw for the first time in NM.  I would have to look at it, but I think 80 percent disabled  veterans at his age, don't even have to pay for their tags.  There are very affordable leases in a lot of areas too.  

Neither really led a so-called "normal," life like the rest of us.  So, they have private security-why don't you attitude.  They forget the middle class plebs have to defend themselves.  Response times are minutes when seconds count.  When you work a job where you can take 50 people into custody by yourself, and keep them calm and under control and back up is a long way out, you learn to be self-reliant.  I know what response times can be, when I am fighting traffic, and oscillating sirens, and electronic beeps, just to get traffic to pay attention to back up another Agent who got a 10-50 (back then that was the code, for I just picked a DPS warrant guy and I am by myself), that was an automatic bust through traffic to make sure if he was a fighter there was a least two of you.  It was rare to have two of you unless you had a trainee or were one.  

Trying watching the documentary 911 on I forget, Hulu, or Netflix.  It plays out real 911 calls, and the victims and perpetrators.  It gives the average guy the idea how much time it takes to get some place.  It really is an eye opener for a lot of people.  It is why a lot of law abiding people have firearms in their homes.  In some of the scenarios it demonstrates just that.  Two women in various situations shoot and kill their attacker.  In the situations where there wasn't one, often they receive damage.

• Like 1

Stocking Up?

Nope. Don't see a need for that. What I see is an emphasis on the enforcement of the existing laws. And forcing the states to provide the data at their disposal for the background checks, which so many have failed miserably to do.

Beyond that, what I see is this:

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials." – George Mason, Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 1788

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dric902 said:

President Cruz would have beaten Hillary by more margin, suppressors would be a background check and reciprocity would be nationwide (probably being argued in the courts)

The only reason I voted for Cruz, was because I was voting against O'Rourke.