WTF

RenoF250

I just got a new 4k Roku TV to use as a monitor.  I am sitting here using it and it goes to a YouTube screen (native to the TV NOT on my computer) and says something about logging in and then says "Kate's device has successfully connected" and then starts playing a video!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seems to me if it is set for HDMI input the rassmfrasser should stay on HDMI until told otherwise and I have no idea who Kate is.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I just got a new 4k Roku TV to use as a monitor.  I am sitting here using it and it goes to a YouTube screen (native to the TV NOT on my computer) and says something about logging in and then says "Kate's device has successfully connected" and then starts playing a video!?!?!?!?!?!?

Seems to me if it is set for HDMI input the rassmfrasser should stay on HDMI until told otherwise and I have no idea who Kate is.

I'm betting it's not new....refurb or preowned? It was registered to your new invisible tenant. There should be the ability for a full system reset. If not, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

• Like 2

Kate turned out to be one of the daughters friends sleeping over.  I need to find out if she has the Roku app.  Still that is piss poor, you should have to register devices to control the TV.

No, TV was bought new and had no signs of being opened.

• Like 1

Huaco, you sure about that added "A"? Does that always apply or do rules of grammar apply?

Like, if I see something I don't recognize, it's WTF.

Or if I see something and recognize it halfway through my exclamation, it would be"I..............WT,...AF!"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RenoF250 said:

I once bought a fancy computer in the sealed box at a store downtown.

I got it home and it wouldn't access until I entered the password.

It was not supposed to have a password entered previously and yet sold as "new".

I took it back and the store simply shrugged.  I was pissed that I was sold something that had been fiddled with before it was sold to me yet they still claimed "right from the factory".

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

Huaco, you sure about that added "A"? Does that always apply or do rules of grammar apply?

Like, if I see something I don't recognize, it's WTF.

Or if I see something and recognize it halfway through my exclamation, it would be"I..............WT,...AF!"

I learned it at DU, and they are never wrong.

You racist.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, janice6 said:

I once bought a fancy computer in the sealed box at a store downtown.

I got it home and it wouldn't access until I entered the password.

It was not supposed to have a password entered previously and yet sold as "new".

I took it back and the store simply shrugged.  I was pissed that I was sold something that had been fiddled with before it was sold to me yet they still claimed "right from the factory".

It still had all of the syran wrap on the edges and the bags were sealed.  I also just went through all of the settings and there are no paired devices.  I told it to always block screen mirroring - it was set to prompt.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:50 AM, RenoF250 said:

Well, let us know how this turns out, as this coming month HULU is only gong to cast on that device.  I spend more time on HULU than Netflix these days, because after the take over of Netflix most of it is foreign films.  If I wanted to read the TV, I would read a book instead.

30 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Well, let us know how this turns out, as this coming month HULU is only gong to cast on that device.  I spend more time on HULU than Netflix these days, because after the take over of Netflix most of it is foreign films.  If I wanted to read the TV, I would read a book instead.

You can watch Hulu on Roku for a long time, why would you cast instead?  It will just ruin the resolution can add problems.

29 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

You can watch Hulu on Roku for a long time, why would you cast instead?  It will just ruin the resolution can add problems.

Well, I use the DVD to watch it, and it provided a message that in August they will need that device to watch it.  I am attempting to solve a problem.  I like HULU better as an old investigator, if has the best stuff to watch.

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

Well, I use the DVD to watch it, and it provided a message that in August they will need that device to watch it.  I am attempting to solve a problem.  I like HULU better as an old investigator, if has the best stuff to watch.

Odd, I wonder what is stopping the DVD player from working.  Regardless, a Roku should work find on its own.  They play just about every channel and have a good interface.  If you get one I would not put credit card info in, you have to setup an account but you can skip the CC step.  If I want to buy any shows I will do it through Amazon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

Odd, I wonder what is stopping the DVD player from working.  Regardless, a Roku should work find on its own.  They play just about every channel and have a good interface.  If you get one I would not put credit card info in, you have to setup an account but you can skip the CC step.  If I want to buy any shows I will do it through Amazon.

We pay Hulu directly, but off the DVD it keeps going on about not working on the device as of August.  We contacted Hulu and they suggested  Roku.  So, we'll see.  When you said you had problems with yours it made me concerned.