"Guns of....." series on Prime

SC Tiger

Anyone watch the "Guns of....." series on Amazon Prime?  It's pretty interesting.  Not the best production but a lot of info on some really neat guns.  I think I did a post about the "Guns of Hollywood" episode but Ian McCollum has an entire series out.  From memory:

Guns of Switzerland

Safari Guns

Law Enforcement Guns

German Guns

Engineered Guns 

All kinds of stuff.  My favorite was the Safari guns and the rifle that was something around a .900 caliber and weighted 65 lbs!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I watched the Law Enforcement Guns episode.

The American 180 was quite a weapon.  I'd be pissed if they gave me a .22LR as a duty weapon even if it was full auto with a 180 round drum. 

That thing would be a blast at the range though.

Image result for american 180 machine gun

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, janice6 said:

I always thought that the ultimate in absurd guns was the Punt Guns.  Trying to kill a whole flock at once.

punt_gun_2.jpg

Punt_gun.jpg

That must be the paratroop model punt gun since it lacks a buttstock! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I watched part of the one on Guns of Vietnam last night.  It was pretty good.  Being it was about military guns a lot of them were actually from WWII.

Interestingly - the M2 Carbine is in a strange classification where you might be able to own one without a Class III/NFA/Whatever.

Also - apparently in WWII the US went from the worst flame thrower to the best flame thrower.

They had a crude blowback copy of a 1911 made by a small Vietnamese shop.  And I do mean crude.

Didn't see the part on the M60 yet.  Interested to see that.

Found another one - "Big Ass Guns".  Mainly anti-tank rifles from WWII.  Damn those are some big - and interesting - suckers.

They had one that to cycle it you cycled the barrel forward (Czech design I think).

I did watch the rest of the Vietnam one and it was interesting what he had to say on the M60.  Apparently the gun was liked in Vietnam and disliked in the 80s.  The issue was that the 60 wasn't overly durable (for a machine gun) and the ones in the 80s were flat worn out.  It did have a few design issues - mainly that flat spring that held the trigger group in.  Two detent pins would have worked much better.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, SC Tiger said:

Anyone watch the "Guns of....." series on Amazon Prime?  It's pretty interesting.  Not the best production but a lot of info on some really neat guns.  I think I did a post about the "Guns of Hollywood" episode but Ian McCollum has an entire series out.  From memory:

Guns of Switzerland

Safari Guns

Law Enforcement Guns

German Guns

Engineered Guns 

All kinds of stuff.  My favorite was the Safari guns and the rifle that was something around a .900 caliber and weighted 65 lbs!

well thanks a lot,all the Youtube videos i watch before i fall a sleep are now on Amazon and i wont be sleeping for sometime now.

and Thanks for the info,Forgotten Weapons is great!

American Guns!