Double homicicde. 2 women dead

8 hours ago, tadbart said:

I think it's a universal thing, amigo. I guess people either will, or will not, find the drugs they want, wherever they are.

I meant it has been the big problem drug we’re currently dealing with more so than others lately. 

Heroin has from my understanding eclipsed meth as the problem drug in most of the lower 48, but in the boonies of AK, meth seems to be the choice atleast for now. Heroin is making big inroads

• Like 1

Well they caught the dude. He's a real genius. He said he didn't think he'd be caught since there were no witnesses. Let's disregard for a moment the neighbor that saw him fleeing after the 2 gunshots. Might as well overlook the multiple text messages on the victims phones saying he wanted to be paid for the drugs and bad stuff was gonna happen to them. We could also overlook his phone pinging on the nearest towers during the shootings. Oh, and the confession to his dad who told all when questioned by the police. Yup, a real mental giant. Now we will have to feed and house his worthless ass for decades. No death penalty in Alaska. 

• Sad 1

On 7/22/2019 at 10:43 AM, Walt Longmire said:

Learned yesterday of a double homicide over night in Kenai. Neighbors heard shots fired in Kenai and saw an over weight black man running from the apartment building. Cops found 2 women shot to death. Suspect on the loose still. Any bets on whether it's drug related? No updates yet.

That's rough, when did Alaska turn into Cleveland Ohio, Chicago, Il, Dallas, Texas, and Atlanta, Georgia?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

Certainly not that bad, but heroin and meth are taking a toll on some peoples sanity. 

Yes, heroin users are most dangerous when looking for their next fix.  Meth heads are so paranoid, you can say 'hello,' and they view it as a threat.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Our local FD was sent to the river to dive and search for the murder weapon. Silty water in a tidal area. Perp threw it off a bridge. They actually found it. A .380 

Amazing perseverance and probably large magnets.  But the divers still have to have an obsession to "complete the mission'.  Kudo's to them.

44 minutes ago, Walt Longmire said:

Our local FD was sent to the river to dive and search for the murder weapon. Silty water in a tidal area. Perp threw it off a bridge. They actually found it. A .380 

And stolen, I'll wager.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, Moshe said:

Yes, heroin users are most dangerous when looking for their next fix.  Meth heads are so paranoid, you can say 'hello,' and they view it as a threat.

I was hanging out in Berkeley, CA (hippie ground-zero) one night and I didn't want to litter the sidewalk with a cigarette butt (that's just how i roll) (didn't want to get a butt in the piles of turds).  I snuffed it out on the ground and and flipped it into a stack of garbage bags lined up at the curb.

That's when the guy sitting against the storefront flipped out as he came towards me.  "HEY *******!  DON'T THROW YOUR CIGARETTE IN MY STUFF... !"

He was much bigger and younger than I,  but he couldn't really move too fast, or steadily, so I beat a hasty retreat.

Knowing that the gnawing in his stomach wasn't going away until he collected the money they owed him,  he choked down the half cup of coffee left over from yesterday, and texted them one more time.  The skanks had been completely ignoring him and he knew he'd have to get in their faces, to get paid.