Local cop did a very dumb thing.

PNWguy

https://pullmanradio.com/pullman-police-sergeant-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-misconduct-against-wsu-student/

Criminal Investigation results in Pullman Officer’s Arrest; Department’s Internal Investigation begins

26_1.jpeg?resize=300%2C300&ssl=1 Pullman Police Sergeant Dan Hargraves has been with the department for 19 years.

Troopers with the Washington State Patrol have arrested a local police sergeant on a felony charge of sexual misconduct against an 18-year-old Washington State University Student. Pullman Police Sergeant Dan Hargraves was arrested this morning and charged with custodial sexual misconduct in the first degree. His arrest follows a lengthy investigation that began in April after a WSU student reported she was sexually assaulted in the back seat of a patrol car.

Sergeant Hargraves was initially placed on desk duty, then paid administrative leave. He has now been booked into the Whitman County Jail and is expected to appear at a bail hearing later today.

After learning of the student’s allegation, the Pullman and WSU Police Departments immediately requested WSP to initiate a criminal investigation. That investigation concluded in late September and the results were sent to Whitman County Prosecutor Denis Tracy to file charges.

In a release this morning, Tracy stated that the charge against Hargraves alleges he “abused his power as a police officer” with the student detained under his custody and that he “engaged in sexual intercourse with her.”

According to court documents filed in Spokane County Superior Court, the 18-year-old student was intoxicated when she was contacted by a Pullman Police Sergeant. The Sergeant warned the student against underage drinking, then gave her a courtesy ride to her dorm.

Following the incident, the student filed a formal complaint against a “law enforcement officer,” to the university’s Office of Equal Opportunity in early April. The report determined that the student was contacted by two police sergeants on March 31st when the alleged misconduct took place. The report also concludes that the alleged incident may have taken place in the back seat of a patrol car.

Hargraves has been a sergeant for 14 years and has worked in the Pullman Police Department for 19 years.

Pullman Police Chief Gary Jenkins responded to the arrest in a press release this morning.

“The alleged criminal misconduct is completely unacceptable behavior for a Pullman Police Officer.”

Chief Jenkins continued.

“We place a high value on the community’s trust, and we will continue to work every day to earn and maintain that trust.”

It is standard practice for law enforcement agencies to request an outside, independent agency to conduct a criminal investigation of an agency employee.

The Pullman Police Department is now conducting an internal investigation of the allegations to determine if Sergeant Hargraves violated the department’s policies or procedures. It is standard practice for an internal investigation to be conducted after the results of a criminal investigation have been made, so the two do not interfere. Pullman police clarified in a release this morning that the internal investigation is not dependent on the outcome of criminal charges, rather it is used to examine whether the officer complied with the rules of conduct established by the department.

This is a developing story and will be updated throughout the day.

https://pullmanradio.com/ppd-sgt-dan-hargraves-allegedly-had-sex-with-teen-while-she-was-in-custody-for-minor-intoxicated-in-public/

Pullman Police Sergeant Dan Hargraves has been formally charged with felony custodial sexual misconduct in Whitman County Superior Court. In court documents provided by County Prosecutor Denis Tracy, the alleged misconduct occurred on March 31st. Tracy says that Hargraves engaged in sexual intercourse with the alleged victim while she was in his custody.

Previous court documents from Spokane County showed that Hargraves gave the 18 year old Washington State University student a courtesy ride to her dorm and warned her about underage drinking. Tracy says that Hargraves abused his power when he detained the teen for being a minor intoxicated in public and then engaged in sexual intercourse with her. She later reported the allegation to WSU officials.

If convicted he faces up to 5 years in prison. He is scheduled to make his first court appearance today. Hargraves is on a special hold in his own cell in the Whitman County Jail in Colfax. Sheriff Brett Myers says that he is being held separate from other inmates because he is a law enforcement officer.

Pullman Police Chief Gary Jenkins is scheduled to hold a press conference this morning. The case was investigated by the Washington State Patrol. Hargraves was arrested by troopers at 6:00 this morning at the Pullman Police Station. Troopers say the the PPD helped coordinate the arrest. Hargraves was taken into custody on an arrest warrant. He has been with the Pullman Police Department for 19 years.

https://pullmanradio.com/dna-evidence-appears-to-be-key-part-of-sexual-misconduct-allegation-against-ppd-sergeant-dan-hargraves/

Court documents show that DNA evidence is a part of the custodial sexual misconduct case against Pullman Police Sergeant Dan Hargraves. Hargraves was arrested this morning on the felony. New court documents from Whitman County Superior Court shows that Hargraves contacted the alleged victim twice on the evening that the crime reportedly took place.

Hargraves first saw the 18 year old Washington State University freshman intoxicated and walking in the Greek Row area shortly before Midnight on March 30th. Without advising dispatch, or recording the contact, he reportedly gave her a ride to her dorm and warned her about underage drinking.

A WSU Police Sergeant then contacted the teen shortly after Midnight when she left her dorm. The WSUPD Sergeant cited her for minor exhibiting the effects of alcohol and sent her back to her room.

The teen left her dorm again and was spotted by Hargraves for a second time shortly before 1:00 in the morning. Hargraves allegedly ordered the student into his patrol car without handcuffs. Court documents show that Hargraves drove her to the Reaney Park area where he allegedly instructed her to perform a sex act on him. Hargraves then dropped the 18 year old off on campus.

Evidence was sent to the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab. Results reportedly found that DNA from Hargraves was found on the victims clothing. Her cellphone locations for the night also matched her allegation. The WSUPD Sergeant was cleared of any involvement.

The Pullman PD is conducting its own separate internal investigation to determine whether Hargraves violated rules of conduct.  Chief Gary Jenkins held a press conference this morning.  He told reporters that Hargraves was investigated 2 years ago for sending inappropriate texts to a coworker. Hargraves underwent counseling as a result of that investigation.

sexual assault  and no consent  is basically  no forced rape  meaning  you were not beat the **** up ,   i have 2 grown daughters  and small grandbaby  who is 2 ,  i was also worried with them specially off at college and thankfully  nothing happened to them  because it would the 3 s's   .  its worse when someone  entrusted to hold the protection of people and sworn oath  to uphold laws  breaks them  . 

Not sure why this is not charged as rape. A person under the influence of alcohol, and perhaps legally unable to consent, is instructed(?) by a man wearing a gun , and badge to perform a sex act. This does not sound like a consensual situation at all. Why is it not rape? A first I thought maybe intercourse was not involved, however, the first article says it was.  Maybe they are waiting to file the more serious charges?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racerford said:

Not sure why this is not charged as rape. A person under the influence of alcohol, and perhaps legally unable to consent, is instructed(?) by a man wearing a gun , and badge to perform a sex act. This does not sound like a consensual situation at all. Why is it not rape? A first I thought maybe intercourse was not involved, however, the first article says it was.  Maybe they are waiting to file the more serious charges?

my thoughts also   and it says dna was found on him and her,   i think he need to get a  t shirt  that says  "  I PASS ON GRASS , BUT ID HIT THAT ASS"

but time will tell for sure

Edited by ASH

People (historically has been men but women are not excluded) in power have been taking sexual advantage of their prey since penises were invented.  If any of you follow the news, you'd have read about priests, high school teachers, college professors, doctors, lawyers, scout leaders, company managers, politicians, U.S. presidents and even movie producers have obtained sexual favors.  In this day and age, you'd have to be an idiot to think that any sexual relationship that started out as consentual/mutually beneficially (quid pro quo) would NEVER turn into allegations of sexual misconduct.      

He's just another idiot that thought with the wrong head.  He made the news.  

Edited by PATCHMAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, racerford said:

Which part do you not believe? The part confirmed by DNA evidence, or the part confirmed by police reports and logs, and citations?

The part where they had sex against her will. The part where she didn't paw all over him, crawl into his lap, whisper naughty words, and start sucking his #$*&. The part where she didn't want to do the horizontal wabangy.

22 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

The part where they had sex against her will. The part where she didn't paw all over him, crawl into his lap, whisper naughty words, and start sucking his #$*&. The part where she didn't want to do the horizontal wabangy.

Except, that she appears to have been intoxicated, and then maybe not able to consent. When a man with gun and a badge "instructs" you to do something, that does not seem to be voluntary, especially to an intoxicated 18 year old.  If it were your daughter would you interpret the situation as being consensual? 

4 minutes ago, racerford said:

Except, that she appears to have been intoxicated, and then maybe not able to consent. When a man with gun and a badge "instructs" you to do something, that does not seem to be voluntary, especially to an intoxicated 18 year old.  If it were your daughter would you interpret the situation as being consensual? 

We're taking her word that he "instructed" her to do anything. For all we know, she initiated everything.

She's a damn adult, whether she's been drinking or not. It's her responsibility to control herself. This PC crap about him being a cop and her being a helpless waif that isn't responsible for anything she does is ridiculous.

And if I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd know damn well that she was a horny-as-hell female, in heat, and she just does a damn good job of hiding it from her parents. I'd expect that away from restraints, she's going to be as interested in males as they are in her. It's totally natural, and part of being that age.

Seriously, does anyone remember being a kid? We were all horny as billy goats. The girls were in heat and pawing at every crotch they could get their hands on, us guys were combing the streets and alleyways looking for them, it's was a mutual season of lust.

In case any of you old fools have forgotten what it's like to be young.

3 hours ago, M&P15T said:

We're taking her word that he "instructed" her to do anything. For all we know, she initiated everything.

She's a damn adult, whether she's been drinking or not. It's her responsibility to control herself. This PC crap about him being a cop and her being a helpless waif that isn't responsible for anything she does is ridiculous.

And if I had an 18 year old daughter, I'd know damn well that she was a horny-as-hell female, in heat, and she just does a damn good job of hiding it from her parents. I'd expect that away from restraints, she's going to be as interested in males as they are in her. It's totally natural, and part of being that age.

Seriously, does anyone remember being a kid? We were all horny as billy goats. The girls were in heat and pawing at every crotch they could get their hands on, us guys were combing the streets and alleyways looking for them, it's was a mutual season of lust.

In case any of you old fools have forgotten what it's like to be young.

Do you actually believe an 18 year old girl, would try to initiate sex with a cop at least twice her age versus him coercing/forcing her?

Remember this cop is no rookie, he has been with this department 19 years.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, billkill said:

Do you actually believe an 18 year old girl, would try to initiate sex with a cop at least twice her age versus him coercing/forcing her?

Remember this cop is no rookie, he has been with this department 19 years.

actually it happens all the time that's why cops are supposed to have morals.

• Like 5

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, PNWguy said:

https://pullmanradio.com/pullman-police-sergeant-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-misconduct-against-wsu-student/

Criminal Investigation results in Pullman Officer’s Arrest; Department’s Internal Investigation begins

It is standard practice for law enforcement agencies to request an outside, independent agency to conduct a criminal investigation of an agency employee.

I have to call BULLSHIT on this. I got worked over by 6 County cops in an elevator. The only place there were no cameras. I lodged a complaint with the Sheriff and was basically laughed out of the place. I asked for a State Trooper investigation. Laughter. I had photos of the damage done to me and the testimony of a nurse I saw while in county custody. Yeah. Not a ******* thing happened.