Any other early voters?

jmohme

The wife and I went to the court house first thing this morning to cast our votes.

This year was a different experience for me. I had never cast a party line vote in any election but the **** show that was the Kavanaugh confirmation swayed me to vote differently this time around. I can no longer cast any vote that might dilute the vote for a candidate the could possibly defeat a candidate that is a member of a party so devoid of any ethics.

I don't know if there are enough of us to make a real difference, but at least I can sleep tonight knowing that I did my part to send a Democrat or two packing!

I will be glad when this midterm election is behind us. I really hope for a red wave, but regardless of how it ends up, I will be thrilled to know that I won't have to endure another butt head Beto add!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In Washington, we get mail-in ballots.  No voting machines and no way for me to verify my vote actually ever gets counted. I got mine yesterday and am mailing it in today.

The leftists were very busy in Seattle this year and managed to get ballot initiatives that address global warming by raising prices on heating oil, gasoline, and every fuel that the working poor depend on to live, raise taxes on groceries, and a gun bill that will do a number of things that will cost me time and money and headache as a legal gun owner.

The leftists say they're for the poor, but every bill they are trying to pass in Washington specifically hurts the poor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have always voted a straight Republican Ticket and will till I die.  I believe in the Republican party platform of Less Govt. in our daily lives.  I have always presonally  seen the democrat party as sleezy liars and cheats and a threat to our American Republic.  Not till the election of Donald Trump and the filth from the democrats at Kavanaugh hearings...most Americans now CLEARLY see what truly disgusting people democraps really are.

If we are lucky enough to hold the house and senate, the democraps will completely loose their minds.  It will be a beautiful thing to see.:rock: 

• Like 3

I never understood early voting.  It's not Election Month or Election Week, it's Election DAY.  If you can't get to the polls that day, then cast an absentee ballot.

And since I'm on the soap box, why is it a hardship or discriminatory to have to show ID to vote?  They have no problem asking me to show ID to buy alcohol/tobacco/firearms!

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, minderasr said:

I never understood early voting.  It's not Election Month or Election Week, it's Election DAY.  If you can't get to the polls that day, then cast an absentee ballot.

And since I'm on the soap box, why is it a hardship or discriminatory to have to show ID to vote?  They have no problem asking me to show ID to buy alcohol/tobacco/firearms!

I think early voting works well for people like me that are always on the road. 

Today and tomorrow are two of the few days that I am actually near my home. I have been from one venue to another since early in September and through mid December, so early voting just made it simple for me to cast my votes.

• Like 1

I don't mind early voting. It makes sense to lessen the crush on election day AND to allow some allowance for those travelling, etc. I'm not a big fan of the mail-in stuff. IMO, everyone that isn't deployed overseas or out of the country for months should: 1) show up in person at a polling place and 2) show picture ID before a ballot is handed to them.

GA requires state ID to vote. I was actually impressed that the poll worker looked at my picture and immediately looked at my face as if she was actually doing her duty. I voted straight GOP as always. The eGOP sucks but they are head and shoulders above the only other option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minderasr said:

I always opt for early voting.  It takes five minutes, rather than hours.  Why stand in line other than (Grumpy old man voice) "why, in my day, we stood in line all day to vote.  Some of us died of thirst, but that's the way it was, and we liked it?"  What's different about an absentee ballot?  Voting is voting.

• Like 1

I love early voting and having spread out days to be able to vote.  I would hate to wait in a line for hours to cast a vote.  More days and more places makes it better.  I voted yesterday at 4:30pm near my house at a church that took me 3 minutes to do upon walking in the door.  

• Like 1

For many years I've been responsible for a number of functions locally related to voting.   Security, setup, etc.

I was probably first vote in my county.

Not a single Democrat.

I've crossed party lines before.  But none of the current batch is worthy of the position they are running for.   Not one.

Sad state.  You would think with an army of illegals attempting to reach our boarders that the nation would rally around surviving instead of suicide.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

This was the first time I've ever taken advantage of early voting. The Mrs. and I waited in line for an hour and forty-five minutes to vote, and it was worth every minute. With the numbers that have been showing up in this county, I wonder if there will be anyone left that hasn't voted come election day.

On 10/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, minderasr said:

We had a ballot thingy a few years ago in MN on voter ID.

It was sponsored by left wing organizations and they promoted "Vote NO", meaning that a no vote means MN cannot require an ID to vote.

To get on the ballot, the promoters of "Vote No" had to gather a designated number of signatures.

Guess what was required to sign the "Vote No" voter ID petition? Yup, you guessed it, a Photo ID.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/23/2018 at 2:29 PM, jmohme said:

I will be glad when this midterm election is behind us. I really hope for a red wave, but regardless of how it ends up, I will be thrilled to know that I won't have to endure another butt head Beto add!

That's if he loses.

If he wins, he will be all over the TV for Six years.

$38 Million can by a lot of corruption and voter fraud.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, minderasr said:

Well, you know, those solid, upstanding, and truthful Democrats know that if IDs were required their percentages of people who cast ballots for Democrats would drop by 4%.

That would lose a significant number of races.  I believe the DNC knows this as well.  Open borders, caravans, no voter ID, promise free everything...  it all ties together.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, paul45 said:

Well, you know, those solid, upstanding, and truthful Democrats know that if IDs were required their percentages of people who cast ballots for Democrats would drop by 4%.

That would lose a significant number of races.  I believe the DNC knows this as well.  Open borders, caravans, no voter ID, promise free everything...  it all ties together.

Since cemeteries are being vandalized in Detroit, some families are moving the remains of families.  But those graveyards are still voting Dim.  What you would call REAL absentee voting.  ?

Hawk 

• Like 1

Voted today here in Florida. In and out in ten (10) minutes.

And I wasn't the only elephant in the room.

Note to Floridians: Do you really want Gillum as your governor? Wasn't he a supporting character in Lord of the Rings? Lord of the Broadway Tickets?