Any other early voters?

jmohme

Wife and I did today

straight republican but for a superior court judge that’s a good friend of ours running as an indepenent

I also got to vote for a balanced budget requirement for the state and a couple of Supreme Court justices.

three dems were running unopposed for county seats so I left them blank, nothing is better than a democrap

2 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Wife and I did today

straight republican but for a superior court judge that’s a good friend of ours running as an indepenent

I also got to vote for a balanced budget requirement for the state and a couple of Supreme Court justices.

three dems were running unopposed for county seats so I left them blank, nothing is better than a democrap

For the past several elections in my county there have been several seats that had democrats running unopposed. That was not the case this time.  I find that encouraging in itself.

I am out of the country, but I'll be back in time for early voting.

I'm afraid that all I'll be doing is cancelling out my mother's vote.  I'm glad from a general civic duty perspective that she has registered, but she is beyond just on a different political side and way off the deep end, divorced from reality (if you bring up politics--she's mostly on the opposite side than she voted or rants about if you discuss concepts and not political figures).

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 5:18 AM, minderasr said:

I never understood early voting.  It's not Election Month or Election Week, it's Election DAY.  If you can't get to the polls that day, then cast an absentee ballot.

And since I'm on the soap box, why is it a hardship or discriminatory to have to show ID to vote?  They have no problem asking me to show ID to buy alcohol/tobacco/firearms!

What is the harm?  Why not have the advantages?

On 10/23/2018 at 4:18 PM, minderasr said:

I never understood early voting.  It's not Election Month or Election Week, it's Election DAY.  If you can't get to the polls that day, then cast an absentee ballot.

And since I'm on the soap box, why is it a hardship or discriminatory to have to show ID to vote?  They have no problem asking me to show ID to buy alcohol/tobacco/firearms!

I'm a fan of early voting because of the lines on election day.  Early voting is much faster - you pick the time and place, and there's no one there.  Show your id, they check off your name, print you a real ballot. You fill it out, put it in the scanner, get the acknowledgement that it registered (or not, in which case you fix it or do a new one right then) The paper ballot then goes in a locked box in case there's ever a question.  Its not perfect, but there's way more safeguards than just putting it in the mail. Absentee - you have no idea what happens to your ballot. I also think absentee needs reform because the opportunity for fraud is so blatant.

Dems have made voting easy in the general election. Its the primaries where choices are tough. In the general, vote for the Rep. If there isn't one, for whoever is against the Dem. Vote NO on any ballot questions, (referendum, local tax, constitutional amendment, etc.) Those are all issues where the state or local legislature should act and take the heat, not pass the buck. Easy, peasy. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

Voted straight Republican ticket today and only had to wait in line 10 minutes to pull the lever.

Yep, me and my wife too.  It's raining so it was a pretty safe bet that no one else would be there.

Had to show DL number and SS last four digits to get a ballot to vote.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1

We have mail-in ballots which I don't like and usually I go to the actual poling place on election day and vote but this election is so important that I'm going to fill out my mail-in ballot in the next half hour and take it down to the public library and drop it in the ballot box just in case I should die before election day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Borg warner said:

We have mail-in ballots which I don't like and usually I go to the actual poling place on election day and vote but this election is so important that I'm going to fill out my mail-in ballot in the next half hour and take it down to the public library and drop it in the ballot box just in case I should die before election day.

That's an excellent argument for voting early!  I would hate to die before the election and add another Democrat vote!

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, JTMac said:

I am out of the country, but I'll be back in time for early voting.

I'm afraid that all I'll be doing is cancelling out my mother's vote.  I'm glad from a general civic duty perspective that she has registered, but she is beyond just on a different political side and way off the deep end, divorced from reality (if you bring up politics--she's mostly on the opposite side than she voted or rants about if you discuss concepts and not political figures).

By cancelling her vote you are accomplishing a worthwhile goal.  Thank you for your effort!