Florida used car dealerships suck ass

crockett

How could you possibly be made at GM? [/sarcasm]

They were extremely kind to inform me last week of the 6th ******* recall on a $50K truck with a whopping 14K miles on it.

My brother just got a new Ford F150 earlier this year as a company truck, it has had numerous recalls so far and one was the steering column had to be replaced. That one made me laugh out loud.

They all buy the cheapest parts they can get and couldn't care anyless about the end result. They are all junk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Walt Longmire said:

You should have taken Rabbi with you. He knows all the car salesman tricks.

That was devildog that ran a dealership, no?

Not saying that Rabbi woudln't make a sleazy car dealer cry.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mike said:

How could you possibly be made at GM? [/sarcasm]

They were extremely kind to inform me last week of the 6th ******* recall on a $50K truck with a whopping 14K miles on it.

My brother just got a new Ford F150 earlier this year as a company truck, it has had numerous recalls so far and one was the steering column had to be replaced. That one made me laugh out loud.

They all buy the cheapest parts they can get and couldn't care anyless about the end result. They are all junk.

I had 3 recalls on my GMC and they tried 4 sets of new tires to fight the vibration issue. The new owner just texted me a couple hours ago, drove the truck home to TN. Luckily he didn't complain about the remaining vibrations that GM considers within spec. As they also tried to tell me that the 2 quarts of oil my Corvette was burning every 1,000 miles is also normal and depends on my driving style.

Yep, I'm done with GM. They all can go suck a ******* bag of ******* dicks.

PS: I was just building a F-350 and trying to figure out order to delivery times. I think I just go to bed crying!

1 minute ago, crockett said:

I had 3 recalls on my GMC and they tried 4 sets of new tires to fight the vibration issue. The new owner just texted me a couple hours ago, drove the truck home to TN. Luckily he didn't complain about the remaining vibrations that GM considers within spec. As they also tried to tell me that the 2 quarts of oil my Corvette was burning every 1,000 miles is also normal and depends on my driving style.

PS: I was just building a F-350 and trying to figure out order to delivery times. I think I just go to bed crying!

You might have been to easy on that Vette during the break in period and the rings never seated properly

5 minutes ago, crockett said:

We refer to the vibration as the "chevy shake" as the 2014 to 2018 models have it. They put a new drive shaft in mine and it stopped the vibration.

My brothers personal truck is a chevy and he has had more issue with that than I have with mine, I think he is on his 3rd transmission already in 40some thousand. Mine has had one trans replaced already. As I said it only has 14K miles on it. 

I can not blame you for wanting to be done with GM, the pricncess is running it into the toilet. It is getting harder to "Buy American" as they are all junk.

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

We refer to the vibration as the "chevy shake" as the 2014 to 2018 models have it. They put a new drive shaft in mine and it stopped the vibration.

My brothers personal truck is a chevy and he has had more issue with that than I have with mine, I think he is on his 3rd transmission already in 40some thousand. Mine has had one trans replaced already. As I said it only has 14K miles on it. 

I can not blame you for wanting to be done with GM, the pricncess is running it into the toilet. It is getting harder to "Buy American" as they are all junk.

They tested my driveshaft and even installed a system with several sensors in order to close in on the shake. They declared the tires to be out of balance, did the stupid road force balancing multiple times on each new set of tires. In the end I told them to order Michelins, picked up the tires, drove to a tire shop and let them install everything. That took about 75% of the vibrations away. I didn't let the GM dealer install the tires because with their last attempt they damaged my truck and the tech didn't have the balls to let me know. I got to see the mess later that day when I was back home. Frame heavily scratched and skid-plate cracked. Bunch of losers.

I think the remaining vibrations go back to a resonating chassis frequency which gets triggered and amplified by any part within the drivetrain. Basically incurable and a general design flaw, hence why this **** got its own name over the years, Chevy Shake, and why its so persistent.

I somewhat hope that the current SuperDuty trucks are a bit better quality wise.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

My wife buys our vehicles. She called me to come to the local Ford dealer to sign the paperwork. The salesman came out and said that the monthly payment was going to actually be $2 a month higher than they had agreed to, so she got up and walked out. I was sitting there and the salesman looked at me, told him I guess we aren't buying the car. He said did really she walk out over $2 a month? 

I went home and she was there. The salesman called back and said he had talked to the manager and that they agreed to drop the price. She told them only way she was coming back was that they drop the price and give her the 75,000 mile extended warranty. Next day they called and we went and got her car for the price she wanted and with the extended warranty.

• Like 3

For single cab diesels, I only found out a couple days ago that there is a diesel version of the Nissan Titan.  Has a cummins in it apparently.

I bought one used truck off craigslist years ago.  2009 when the economy was taking a dive, a company was selling off their trucks.  I wanted one just for the times when I need a truck, not as a daily driver or anything, so a fleet truck was fine with me.

As for used car dealers, last 4 cars have been from larger dealerships.  One of them pissed me off though, as they offered me $500 trade in on my car I currently had, because that's what they were starting at on the auction site he checked.  I kept that car.  4 months later they sent me an offer of over $4k trade in through the mail if I'd come buy another car from them.  

Next 2 cars were at the dealer across the street.  My 2010 VW sportwagen was being advertised for $14.5k  (was in 2015 with 100k miles on it, before the whole dieselgate scandal).  I offered them $14k out the door, and they took it.  That's the extent of my haggling.  

My recommendation if you want a specific vehicle is just go in to a reputable dealership and ask them to find it for you.  If they are any good they'll find one.

Considering where you are located I think I'd want to find one quickly before all the cars they salvage from the flood waters start popping up for sale after being dried out.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crockett said:

They tested my driveshaft and even installed a system with several sensors in order to close in on the shake. They declared the tires to be out of balance, did the stupid road force balancing multiple times on each new set of tires. In the end I told them to order Michelins, picked up the tires, drove to a tire shop and let them install everything. That took about 75% of the vibrations away. I didn't let the GM dealer install the tires because with their last attempt they damaged my truck and the tech didn't have the balls to let me know. I got to see the mess later that day when I was back home. Frame heavily scratched and skid-plate cracked. Bunch of losers.

I think the remaining vibrations go back to a resonating chassis frequency which gets triggered and amplified by any part within the drivetrain. Basically incurable and a general design flaw, hence why this **** got its own name over the years, Chevy Shake, and why its so persistent.

I somewhat hope that the current SuperDuty trucks are a bit better quality wise.

Wow, I would be pissed to with all that nonsense.

I do not have any knowledge of the current super duties. Most of my family drive GM vehicles, with the exception of the company truck my brother recently got, and that thing is a POS.                                        We usually say that FORD stands for 

Owner's

Really

Dumb

But honestly anymore they are all junk.

I am actually considering a Toyota, which is saying a lot as I prefer to get American made products. It has a better towing capacity than the big 3, less recalls, more parts are made stateside. I'm ready to dump my Chevy with only 14K miles as I'm sick of the recalls and it breaking constantly.

• Like 1

I saw a great deal yesterday on a dealer website, provided all my information for a cash OTD price through the form right on their website, got an automated confirmation via email a minute later stating "we have received your request and will be in contact with you shortly". When I didn't get any reply, email or quote today, I decided to call in. I had to provide all my information yet again, then I was told that I will get an email or a call.

Several hours later, yet again no price, no quote, no email, no call. So I called once again, and was told again that somebody will call me back. Right! Waiting again...

Then I asked for the manager (know the name from the website), but was transferred to a different person, nobody picked up, only a voice box.

All I need is a ******* OTD price. Why is that so complicated? Do they even want to sell the truck or is the price on the website bait & switch after all?! Why do they even have a website and advertise their cars on Autotrader if you can't get a ******* quote in under 24 hours, or at all?!

By the way, that was a dealer in NC. They indeed all suck ass!

I wish we could buy cars and trucks right from the manufacturer. Who needs those scammers and clowns anyways?!

Edited by crockett