Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

3 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

I think that would have to include PETAs.

See but that’s the thing. People trying to explain how “bad hombres” means white people because.......somebody said “racist”

so maybe Crooked Hillary actually meant just a little less than straight. Little Marko meant slightly below average height. Boring Jeb really meant dependable and stable.

if they accused Trump of being racist cause he said they were some “bad Hombres” in the caravan, I would have more respect for him if he had just said

“well, they aren’t coming from Canada”

• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

13 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

See but that’s the thing. People trying to explain how “bad hombres” means white people because.......somebody said “racist”

so maybe Crooked Hillary actually meant just a little less than straight. Little Marko meant slightly below average height. Boring Jeb really meant dependable and stable.

if they accused Trump of being racist cause he said they were some “bad Hombres” in the caravan, I would have more respect for him if he had just said

“well, they aren’t coming from Canada”

Yes. The problem I have with just about anyone calling just about anyone else "racist" is that the term has little meaning anymore. Let me give you an example. Yesterday I was arguing with a woman on our local FaceBook page about a group of "Black Panthers" who were having an open-carry march in an ATL burb in support of the Dim Guber candidate (who has pledged to outlaw "assault weapons"). My friend was saying that the protesters should be arrested because they were thugs and up to no good and illegal, etc. I kept saying that as far as I could see they were breaking no law and that while I disagreed with them I support their right to open carry (even though I thought it ill-advised). Now, was she racist and assuming they were thugs because they were black? Or was she making a reasonable assumption based on their affiliation with the Black Panther Party? I don't know, but I feel sure that far too many people would label her with the R-word when it may not be called for.

So as far as Trump using meskin words to describe someone I'm not going to be quick to assume the worst. i.e., no problema... ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gwalchmai said:

Yes. The problem I have with just about anyone calling just about anyone else "racist" is that the term has little meaning anymore. Let me give you an example. Yesterday I was arguing with a woman on our local FaceBook page about a group of "Black Panthers" who were having an open-carry march in an ATL burb in support of the Dim Guber candidate (who has pledged to outlaw "assault weapons"). My friend was saying that the protesters should be arrested because they were thugs and up to no good and illegal, etc. I kept saying that as far as I could see they were breaking no law and that while I disagreed with them I support their right to open carry (even though I thought it ill-advised). Now, was she racist and assuming they were thugs because they were black? Or was she making a reasonable assumption based on their affiliation with the Black Panther Party? I don't know, but I feel sure that far too many people would label her with the R-word when it may not be called for.

So as far as Trump using meskin words to describe someone I'm not going to be quick to assume the worst. i.e., no problema... ;)

I wouldn’t call her reaction racist, but I would call it reactionary.

Glancing at a situation, quick judgment of the situation according to presupposition, and then trying to justify and support her knee jerk reaction after the realization that she is likely wrong.

Did you say “problema” ............you racist bast#%*

(Just kidding).

Edited by Dric902
  • Like 1

I suggest that the political endeavors of either side can be summed up in the immortal words of Freddie Sykes, played so well by Edmund O'Brien in The Wild Bunch.

They'?...Caught you didn't they, eh? Tied a tin can to your tail. Let you in and waltz you out again. Ha, ha, ha. Oh my, what a bunch. Big, tough one, eh? Ha, ha, ha. Here you are, with a handful of holes, a thumb up your ass, and a big grin to pass the time of day with. They? Who the hell is they?

Sound familiar?

• Like 2