• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Thursday proposed reestablishing a World War II-era civilian-military force that he would control.

DeSantis pitched the idea of creating the Florida State Guard, which would be independent of federal control, while speaking about his military budget proposal.

The Florida State Guard was initially created in 1941 to fill in for National Guard members deployed during World War II. It was later disbanded in 1947.

DeSantis said the proposed unit would "not be encumbered by the federal government," adding that this force would give him "the flexibility and the ability needed to respond to events in our state in the most effective way possible."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/584178-desantis-proposes-civilian-florida-state-guard-military-force-he-would

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/1/2021 at 10:37 AM, Cougar_ml said:

To be fair, your car doesn't keep you warm after you run out of fuel in the tank either.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, pipedreams said:

That's why keeping the tank topped of is always good idea, especially in the winter.

My worst case was 5 hours on a jammed Interstate during a blizzard with 10" of snow on the road.  I had a 36 gallon tank and a 115 Amp alternator in a 4x4.  I was still good to go.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janice6 said:

My worst case was 5 hours on a jammed Interstate during a blizzard with 10" of snow one the road.  I had a 36 gallon tank and a 115 Amp alternator in a 4x4.  I was still good to go.

My truck only has a 25 gallon tank, and my car a 15 gallon tank (both diesel) but I usually toss a couple fuel cans in if I think there is any risk of needing it.
One other nice thing about diesel, when the people run out of fuel, there is no obligation to share as my fuel won't work for most of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

My truck only has a 25 gallon tank, and my car a 15 gallon tank (both diesel) but I usually toss a couple fuel cans in if I think there is any risk of needing it.
One other nice thing about diesel, when the people run out of fuel, there is no obligation to share as my fuel won't work for most of them.

Those green pumps are great for hybrids.

• Haha 2