Random Posting

Eric

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Those that know the least are the most adamant in deciding what society should allow.

I would love to see any "man on the street" interviews that could have the person say "I don't know".  I believe this is the most difficult phrase that an adult can say.  For some reason, people simply can't say I don't know.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Silentpoet said:

I wonder why they went from A bombs to H Bombs, did they have like a really low budget alphabet missing some of the letters they were working with?

Atomic bombshell were fission bombs using Uranium

Hydrogen bombs are fusion bombs. Much, much bigger boom boom

• Like 2

More Army, Navy Families Unhappy with Private Housing in Wake of Scandal

Satisfaction with privatized military housing has declined since last year for both the Army and Navy, according to surveys released by the services Thursday.

But while soldiers and families living in base housing can view the survey results and see where their installations fall on the spectrum, the results of the Navy survey don't contain specifics for each base and provide only a general look at the overall state of Navy housing.

After a scandal earlier this year as reports came to light of vermin, mold and lead contamination in U.S. military housing managed by private companies, the services launched a series of inspections and fixes, including resident surveys, to determine the extent of the issues and how to address them.

According to the Army survey conducted by CEL & Associates, the service saw overall satisfaction decline by nearly six points on a 100-point scale, from 80.5 to 74.6, which translates into a drop in ratings from "very good" to "average." The score's components -- property satisfaction and satisfaction with service -- both declined, with property satisfaction dropping 6.4 points from "good" to "average" and service satisfaction dropping six points from "very good" to "average."

The Navy saw the average overall satisfaction rates drop by nearly 12 points, with properties ranging from "poor" to "good."

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-militaryveteransofdisqus/httpswwwmilitarycomdaily_news20190728more_army_navy_families_unhappy_private_housing_wake_scandalhtm/

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dric902 said:

Atomic bombshell were fission bombs using Uranium

Hydrogen bombs are fusion bombs. Much, much bigger boom boom

Whatever happened to the Cobalt Bomb? I remember it being a staple of the DC universe in the 60s.

[way outta my depth here] Isn't the yield of fission bombs limited because their fissile mass tends to blow itself apart? [/WOMDH]

IIRC, Teller and Oppenheimer, among others, knew what was required to achieve a fusion bomb but didn't have a practical design until they successfully  set off the first plutonium bomb at Los Alamos. After that, as they say, the problem was just a matter of engineering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Whatever happened to the Cobalt Bomb? I remember it being a staple of the DC universe in the 60s.

[way outta my depth here] Isn't the yield of fission bombs limited because their fissile mass tends to blow itself apart? [/WOMDH]

IIRC, Teller and Oppenheimer, among others, knew what was required to achieve a fusion bomb but didn't have a practical design until they successfully  set off the first plutonium bomb at Los Alamos. After that, as they say, the problem was just a matter of engineering.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It's always sad to watch things like this when you realize the guy doesn't know what "TNT" means, what "scientists" are, and what the actual relationship between fission bombs and thermonukes is. But it's a nice ad for SkillShare. :supergrin:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Silentpoet said:

I wonder why they went from A bombs to H Bombs, did they have like a really low budget alphabet missing some of the letters they were working with?

Well for one thing the F-bomb is already in full production. Everyone has one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Eric changed the title to BookFace
  • Eric locked this topic
  • Eric pinned this topic
  • Eric unpinned and unlocked this topic