Should we be trying to re-start GT traditions here? Just some thoughts

SC Tiger

I am seeing what looks to be a lot of effort to re-start some of the GT traditions (LaBeefa, Cop w/o a hat, Bravia, weird stuff in the woods, etc) here. While it could just be discussion I don't know that we want to try to bring the GT traditions to this forum. Let them stay with GT, and let The Bore Site determine it's own traidtions.

Obviously some - like Jambog - are pretty much universal to the interwebz.

And of course it is good to have discussion. We don't want the most memorable thing so far to be Rabbi asking someone to stick their dick in the mashed potatoes.

Anyway - this isn't my site. I'm just another guy. These are just some thoughts.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 6

I am seeing a lot of effort to re-start some of the GT traditions (LaBeefa, Cop w/o a hat, Bravia, weird stuff in the woods, etc) here. While it could just be discussion I don't know that we want to try to bring the GT traditions to this forum. Let them stay with GT, and let The Bore Site determine it's own traidtions.

Obviously some - like Jambog - are pretty much universal to the interwebz.

And of course it is good to have discussion. We don't want the most memorable thing so far to be Rabbi asking someone to stick their dick in the mashed potatoes.

Anyway - this isn't my site. I'm just another guy. These are just some thoughts.

Maybe it's just that kind of party.

As far as traditions, those appear and grow organically. You should expect to see things bleed over as most members have been around each other for years on GT. As time passes and the sites "grow apart", theboresite.com will grow its own traditions.

• Like 4

Maybe it's just that kind of party.

As far as traditions, those appear and grow organically. You should expect to see things bleed over as most members have been around each other for years on GT. As time passes and the sites "grow apart", theboresite.com will grow its own traditions.

This is true. It does seem like some are putting a lot of effort into restarting traditions here.

The references are a different animal. I get that. Lots of inside jokes are going to travel.

Or maybe they AREN't trying to start the same traditions here and I'm just a doofus. :dunno:

Like I say - not trying to be a TBS cop or anything.

And Rabbi Unfiltered is pretty damn funny.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 1

Agree, OP. Especially the long running "didnt read but wanted to reply anyway" thread. I think that should be exclusive to GT. Some movies shouldn't be remade. Else they lose their greatness.

This. Bravia references will always happen, but we could never recreate the greatness of the Bravia thread. Same with the Turtle Cleaning Kit, Cop/Hat, or LaBeefa. We can make the references, laugh at the jokes, jab each other about them - but TBS must generate it's own great threads.

• Like 3

.... We don't want the most memorable thing so far to be Rabbi asking someone to stick their dick in the mashed potatoes.

Maybe not the mashed potatoes thing but it is practically guaranteed that some of the epic posts here will involve Rabbi using some sort of folksy/urbane/country analogies or sayings

used to insult some incredible stupidity somewhere. At least it better be.

This is true. It does seem like some are putting a lot of effort into restarting traditions here.

The references are a different animal. I get that. Lots of inside jokes are going to travel.

Or maybe they AREN't trying to start the same traditions here and I'm just a doofus. :dunno:

Like I say - not trying to be a TBS cop or anything.

And Rabbi Unfiltered is pretty damn funny.

Jambog

http://theboresite.com/forum/general-topics/the-bored-room/3058-should-we-be-trying-to-re-start-gt-traditions-here-just-some-thoughts#post3058

No, we shouldn't be trying to recreate GT traditions as though TBS was merely a GT mirror site.

Still, as others have pointed out, there will be some "bleed over" for awhile as this is a brand new site and most of us know each other from GT. Sort of has the feel of a family reunion at this point in time.

Yes, there will be some shared threads/experiences from GT and maybe other sites as well.

In time, TBS will develop its own culture and epic threads; particularly once its existence becomes more widely known.

Glad I got in on the ground floor, almost by accident, during the first week.

Thanks for your latest creation, Eric. Best of wishes for its success!

• Like 1

Agree, OP. Especially the long running "didnt read but wanted to reply anyway" thread. I think that should be exclusive to GT. Some movies shouldn't be remade. Else they lose their greatness.

That may be the greatest thread of all time, but one is prolly enough.

The same stuff will get posted in both threads.

Seriously folks, GT is dead and it had been dying for a long long time. CM crushed it's spirit and they have only themselves to blame.

TBS already HAS the olde GT spirit and it has great potential because of the people here.

Traditions are what you make of it and I have no doubt that TBS will attract the best and bizarrist corners of the net. The traditions of GT were CREATED by the people that are here now so is it right for the creators to abandon their children because they moved to a new city? Inquiring minds need to know.

It's the people. The people made GT. The people are here. If you went to some other forum and said Jacked Up Teefs...nobody would know what the hell you're talking about.

Hell, you posted a blue ferrari to me. Same difference.

The personality of this forum will evolve but you gotta realize that the overwhelming majority of the people here now are the same people who perpetuated those traditions at GT.

I'm not going to stop saying Mall Ninja just because it's a GT thing.

That said, I do agree that starting threads here, that were successful at GT, with the same title/concept is a little over zealous.

you mean like beating the dead horse that hannie is a man by one of the long time members from gt and i see he brought the same **** here already. hopefully hannie will come back. maybe we can leave that **** over there.

:wavey: :rofl:

Edited by TX OMFS

Since there is swearing allowed for now. I will add this as the forums first...

**** you Eddie!

Now **** you Eddie was not widely known, but originated in one of GT's private forums. It's not a **** you Eddie in anger, it never was. **** you Eddie was a **** you Eddie with love.

EddieF4 wherever you be. **** you Eddie!