6 secret settings for better browsing in Chrome on Android

TBO

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Maser said:

Okay boomer... ;)

I was born a couple decades late to be a boomer, although the title might be appropriate the morning after I have my favorite Mexican food. 

Anyway, I’m not fan of Apple’s policies and worldview, but IOS is simply a better operating system.

• Like 2

I care less about all that crap. I surf just fine on my phone, but do very little of it. That isn't the device for me to do such.

Android is fine. Chrome should never be used for anything. Piling apps in for things to have to run through is chaotic and can't hurry things along. How many screens do you think you can look at on a 5 inch device?

Use the right tool for the job and things seem to work better.

YMMV

• Thanks 1

After many years of using iPhones I switched to a Samsung S20 Ultra when Apple bricked my iPad with those forced update notifications which now can't be turned off anymore. That iPad is being used as a security cam monitor and sits in a screw down frame, running an app that is not updated anymore and doesn't run on newer iOS versions. Apple now pushes that stupid update pop up EVERY ******* DAY. The popup stops the cam stream and it renders its entire purpose useless.

I have all notifications turned off, auto update is turned off, last update deleted, tried to block the Apple servers in my router, all tricks suggested online are applied! But Apple thinks they know better and that you don't own your device. Same when they slowed down old iPhones through those software updates, in order to force people into buying new batteries or upgrading to new phones.

That piece of **** company will never see a single cent from me again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, crockett said:

After many years of using iPhones I switched to a Samsung S20 Ultra when Apple bricked my iPad with those forced update notifications which now can't be turned off anymore. That iPad is being used as a security cam monitor and sits in a screw down frame, running an app that is not updated anymore and doesn't run on newer iOS versions. Apple now pushes that stupid update pop up EVERY ****ING DAY. The popup stops the cam stream and it renders its entire purpose useless.

I have all notifications turned off, auto update is turned off, last update deleted, tried to block the Apple servers in my router, all tricks suggested online are applied! But Apple thinks they know better and that you don't own your device. Same when they slowed down old iPhones through those software updates, in order to force people into buying new batteries or upgrading to new phones.

That piece of **** company will never see a single cent from me again.

Apple wants to own your soul, and they do in many cases.

The IT guys on our platform were all Appleseeds, and loved the platform. They said it was as dumb as it comes. Nothing below simple commands could be taken. If a piece of corrupt data wormed into a program, they could fix it in Windows, but in MAC nobody could fix it. Chances were less that 50% someone at Apple could even do it. I wonder how they put the things together with that little knowledge of their own product. All done by comity, I guess, or get all conspiracy theorist and come to terms with, they don't want to. Unfortunately, turning off security updates is not the best of ideas on any OS.

All of the OS's have their problems and quirks. I still think Android will be the next MS, and with Google behind it, it may already be.

The best way to use Chrome on any device, is to disable it, and use DDG, Brave, FF, or a host of other compatible browsers.

Edited by LostinTexas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1