Got the new Glock 44 in .22

SilverRidge01

Very impressive 22, reliable, also extremely light in hand, felt like a toy plastic gun first time I handled it, good shooting auto pistol, it's a 22, didn't expect it to be a target pistol, high velocity ammunition, like CCI stingers, Velocitors, Mini mags etc work flawlessly, am waiting for the 15 round mags to be offered, came with 2 I bought an extra, also own a Walther P22 which I also enjoy shooting very much, nice shooting 22 pistol,  going to do some comparisons over the next few weeks ...

Anyone purchase the 44 yet, if so any comments pro or con  and if not would you buy a Glock 22 rimfire, 

Well I was able to get out today and shoot the G44 and a Advantage Arms on a Gen 2 G19 lower.
I put the following thru the G44
140 - CCI Mini Mag 40 RN fired from 11 different magazines no malfunctions.
40- Remington Golden Bullet 40 RN no malfunctions.(Newly manufactured)
40- 2008 Remington Golden Bullet 40 HP 1-Failure to fire, 3 -FTE and 8 very apparent under powered loads.
The Mini mags shot high and left at 10 yds with stock sights. I had to drift the adjustable rear way to the right to be able to correct the group's windage. The elevation was all the way down but still high from POA. The CCI was recently purchased and I experienced no under powered loads.
The new 40 RN Golden Bullets functioned fine and shot tighter groups than the Mini Mags.
The 12 year old 40 HP Golden Bullets were inconsistent and had multiple malfunctions.
The Gen 2 G19 with the AA upper shot tighter groups which I expected due to the better adjustable sights with both the Mini Mags and Golden Bullets.
Since I have Dawson's fiber optic sights on all my other GSSF pistols I'm planing on at least changing front sights. So far I'm satisfied with the pistol and the magazines but will be doing more testing of ammo to find the one it shoots best. I was able to hit a 8" plate @ 25 yards 7 out of 10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Took the G44 to the local range, fun gun, still trying to get used to how light in hand it is, fired 75-100 rounds various name 22 ammunition, best performing was CCI Stingers, and  CCI copper coated mini mag 40 gr,  had three FTF that's about it for malfunctions, not nearly enough to be meaningful. I've been watching these previews of the 44 on YouTube, some are informative, others the same ole Glock negativity, like anything new your going to have positive responses and your detractors, I base my opinion on practical application, using the handgun, then formulating an opinion, not third party off the wall opinions from people who have never fired or even handled the weapon, not at all helpful,  Installed one of the back straps ( 3 different backs traps come with the weapon)  so that the handgun fit my hand better, one negative b4 I forget, the rear sights are adjustable and the tiny tiny screwdriver they suply is an exercise in frustration, barely, just barely fits the screw head, and don't drop it you'll never find it, I now use the small screwdriver that comes with my Swiss Army knife, the one that fits into the cork screw, works perfectly ...other than that good shooting, fun, mechanically sound G44 ...

• Like 2

Good tip on the screwdriver.

I bought one a couple of weeks  ago. Got four extra mags on the way, $25 each.

Haven't been to the range yet.

When cleaning it before shooting, i noticed it was quite difficult to get a .22 bore brush through the barrel. Kinda loosened up after a dozen strokes.

I've loaded the mags up and am letting them sit loaded until i get out. Some talk of everything "breaking in" after a short while. I'll probable lock the slide back for a few days, too. Get a jump of loosening it up.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy y'all!

I picked up a G44 on Valentine's Day at the common street price of $359 + tax.

Here is my experience first trip to the range with my new G44:

This gun performs like a Glock, but then again it is a Glock.

150 rounds of CCI Blazer - functioned flawlessly
50 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt - three fail to eject
165 rounds of Winchester bulk in white box - one snap, reload and rerun and bang
120 rounds American Eagle - one snap, reload and rerun and bang
50 rounds of Armscor - one stovepipe
35 rounds of Federal Champion (blue box) one fail to eject

570 rounds, 5 fail to eject, 2 clicks, but when re-run they went bang.

About the same as my Ruger 22/45, much less trouble than my GSG 1911-22.

Should get better with another 1000 or so down the pipe.

Edited by Fodderwing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

While I applaud Glock for the attempt and I know many folks are liking theirs, I handled one at an LGS and I can't bring myself to buy it. I've been spoiled by the Ruger Mark IV. I do hope that Glock irons out some of the issues some folks are having. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Valmet said:

While I applaud Glock for the attempt and I know many folks are liking theirs, I handled one at an LGS and I can't bring myself to buy it. I've been spoiled by the Ruger Mark IV. I do hope that Glock irons out some of the issues some folks are having. 

I have the same problem.  I have a Ciener 22 conversion for my Kimber Custom Stainless, but I don't even shoot it anymore.  I far prefer the Ruger Marks or my S&W 22S with a 5 inch barrel.

I once did a statistical test of the S&W and put 560 rounds through it without a break.  Not a flaw in function.  Gave up with hand cramps.

• Like 2

Oops got so excited forgot what I was going to say .... this is wonderful 22 handgun mechanically not any problems approx 200 rounds fired today zero hiccups ... also took Walther p22 with me another fine 22 semi auto pistol didn’t seem to like the Aquila super velocity a few FTF with the 44 really got an opportunity to concentrate on breathing and trigger squeeze as you can see much better results when you can apply all these mental and physical exercises to improve your performance ...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Historian said:

The Glock pistol with a can would be...very interesting.

You totally lost me :S-_- ?? A can am I missing something ?...

***** in response to all the problems people are conveying that they are having or know of, I can't speak to that as an owner with no, zero, nada, performance problems with my G44 remember third party opinions IMHO are worthless, practical application by users means something, what you heard through the grapevine don't mean diddly, Glock haters are prevalent all over the net, why? Haven't a clue why they are so passionate negatively about the Glock performance,like in all things purchased eventually you'll get a lemon, a flip of the coin, IMHO I doubt there're so many mechanical problems with the 44 ... Anyways like the old saying " ya pays your money, you takes your chances" 

• Like 1

The Glock pistol with a can would be...very interesting.
My LGS submitted the form 4 for me earlier this week on a can I can run on 22LR's. My TX22 has a threaded barrel and included an adapter.

Hopefully by the time I get the suppressor, Lone Wolf or someone will be selling threaded barrels for the G44.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fodderwing said:

My LGS submitted the form 4 for me earlier this week on a can I can run on 22LR's. My TX22 has a threaded barrel and included an adapter.

Hopefully by the time I get the suppressor, Lone Wolf or someone will be selling threaded barrels for the G44.

That puts the pistol in an entirely different light.   That would be a very effective weapon for certain specific uses.  Like the High Standard military was back in the day.

That is going to be a very interesting pistol.

The G44 is only available with 10 round mags, while the TX22 can be had with either 10 or 16 round mags. Since I insisted on the no manual safety model TX22, mine came with 10 rounders because that is all his distributor had in stock. I added a pair 16 rounders that my LGS had on the rack.

So today I took both of my new peashooters to the range.

I had pre-loaded all four of my TX22 mags and both G44 mags with Blazer 40 grain before going to the range. Both guns functioned perfectly, this was the G44's second outing, but the maiden voyage for the TX22.

I then put away the 16 round mags for the Taurus.

Next, I opened a box of Federal 36 grain HP in the 525 bulk pack. I proceeded to load two mags for each pistol. This was not intended to be an accuracy test, only a function test. I shot two mags through each pistol and reloaded. I continued to shoot all four mags and reload all four mags until I had burned through the entire package of 525 rounds.

I had zero malfunctions, no FTF, no FTE, no stovepipes, no misfires, etc. with either pistol, absolutely flawless function from both guns.

I continued my test with a 333 pack of Winchester 36 grain HP ammo with identical results, 100% flawless function from both guns.

G44 or TX22, either should enable you to have a nice session at the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 12:14 PM, Valmet said:

I basically don't like "Plinkers" I prefer target pistols like the Ruger mark series and the buckmark and the classic woodsman, S&W M41, High Standard and such. But that said, I like the Glock 44 as an understudy to a G19, G23, or G32, which are my favorite size Glocks. The 10 round mags, don't bother me, that's all any of the "target" pistols have.

And while the accuracy of the G44's aren't up to target pistol standards, they are equal to their centerfire equivalents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...