Facebook Ramps Up Attacks on Conservative Content

pipedreams

"On Black Friday Facebook upped their attacks on conservatives and blocked photos of First Lady Melania Trump.

She is too beautiful for their platform.

Amy in DC posted this warning she received from Facebook for posting a photo of Melania Trump."

image.png.f15aa80d85dd9702ce615011e6d887c3.png

https://conservativeus.com/melania-maga-facebook-delete-hate-speech/

Edited by pipedreams
  • Sad 1

The photo isn't a problem, the narrative posted in front of it is what got it tagged as such. There is also no mention of the context either.

While FB is a publicly held corporation, there is no expectation of free speech on it.

More people would be well served to stay away from FB, Twitter, and the cult of social media. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can get away with that on that on Twitter.  The only thing you can't do there, is issue death threats.  Like the opponent of Omar, who said she should be hung for treason.  I can hound Omar for her links to CAIR, Farakhan, FEC and IRS fraud, and espionage as part of the foreign committee to Iran through Qatar, and helping through CAIR to buy rockets to launch at Israel by purchasing rockets from China.  That I can do.  But, if you are her political opponent and state she should be hung for treason, you get deleted forever. 

I did see a link on FB disappear or a really pissed off man in Israel complaining about Omar and Talib's involvement in trying to deny Israel defense of its southern borders from a Jewish contact. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, blueiron said:

The photo isn't a problem, the narrative posted in front of it is what got it tagged as such. There is also no mention of the context either.

While FB is a publicly held corporation, there is no expectation of free speech on it.

More people would be well served to stay away from FB, Twitter, and the cult of social media. 

+1

they don’t say what else accompanied the meme, lots of holes in the story.

• Like 1

The only reason I'm still on facepage is so my mother can see pictures of the grandkids. She joined several groups and shared those inspirational quotes and bible verses quite frequently, which landed her in facepage jail countless times. I have tried explaining to her that sharing 15 things in less than five minutes on several pages makes you look like a spam bot and puts you in the cross hairs. Especially when your profile has little to no info on it other than a name and profile picture. Every time, she gets off of restriction and immediately goes right back to what she did before. Although I did get her to fill in some basic info, and told her to make the crap up with anything she didn't want out there. Of course that was after being told that had nothing to do with it. It was just bullying.

After several restrictions just for speed and volume of posts, she started being notifed that her posts were offensive in nature. I tried telling her that most likely someone she was "friends" with or someone on those pages was reporting her just for kicks and to stay off of those groups, change privacy settings, and do the somewhat insane option of only friending people you know. But what do I know?

Last week I learned that they have suspended her account claiming she was impersonating someone else. They told her they wanted pictures of her driver's license and some other crap to prove her identity, which raised a red flag to me, but she had already provided it by that time. (Insert eye roll here) They then claimed what she sent was blurry and couldn't be read.  Which she denies. (Eyes are getting tired from rolling) It probably didn't help that her profile pic was 20 years, a life threatening car accident, stroke and almost a year in ICU/rehab, lung cancer, and two knee surgeries ago. 

I told her to just setup another account, just look at my pics on my page, and read stuff without tagging yourself in everyone else's pics and spamming everywhere with G rated crap that most miserable people get tired of seeing. But again, wtf do I know?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, jfost11 said:

The only reason I'm still on facepage is so my mother can see pictures of the grandkids. She joined several groups and shared those inspirational quotes and bible verses quite frequently, which landed her in facepage jail countless times. I have tried explaining to her that sharing 15 things in less than five minutes on several pages makes you look like a spam bot and puts you in the cross hairs. Especially when your profile has little to no info on it other than a name and profile picture. Every time, she gets off of restriction and immediately goes right back to what she did before. Although I did get her to fill in some basic info, and told her to make the crap up with anything she didn't want out there. Of course that was after being told that had nothing to do with it. It was just bullying.

After several restrictions just for speed and volume of posts, she started being notifed that her posts were offensive in nature. I tried telling her that most likely someone she was "friends" with or someone on those pages was reporting her just for kicks and to stay off of those groups, change privacy settings, and do the somewhat insane option of only friending people you know. But what do I know?

Last week I learned that they have suspended her account claiming she was impersonating someone else. They told her they wanted pictures of her driver's license and some other crap to prove her identity, which raised a red flag to me, but she had already provided it by that time. (Insert eye roll here) They then claimed what she sent was blurry and couldn't be read.  Which she denies. (Eyes are getting tired from rolling) It probably didn't help that her profile pic was 20 years, a life threatening car accident, stroke and almost a year in ICU/rehab, lung cancer, and two knee surgeries ago. 

I told her to just setup another account, just look at my pics on my page, and read stuff without tagging yourself in everyone else's pics and spamming everywhere with G rated crap that most miserable people get tired of seeing. But again, wtf do I know?

Simpler to find another means of social interaction.  They are winning when you for any reason, have to modify your expressed thoughts or content when it's an opinion.  Facebook is forcing behavior on their terms.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2019 at 9:04 AM, pipedreams said:

Yes stay away from FB, never used it and never missed it.

I was told recently someone was excited to see they might have found me on facebook.

Turned out the guy lives over 1500 miles from me, is a runner, and from Canada.

I am none of those.

• Like 1