TXUSMC

Took the plunge on a 43X

Didn't have any interest in the original two-toned version, but was all in for an all black model. Still have a 43, and consider it a pocket gun versus the 43X, which I consider to be the perfect concealed belt gun.

Put 50 rounds through it, no hiccups. Trigger bites my finger some, but ergos are perfect. Not getting rid of my G26 gen 3... it can take the G17 and G15 mags.

Current Glock collection includes G17 gen 3, G21 gen 4, G26 gen 3, G43, and G43X.

• Like 1

Congrats- the 43X isn’t for me but I have lots of buddies that love theirs. 

I have the 48. I smoothed off the trigger face, polished internals and put in a reduced power striker spring and safety plunger spring.

Everything cost less than $10 and it is now perfect in my opinion.

The grip thickness and angle fit me better than any other Glock, I like it.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, TXUSMC said:

Didn't have any interest in the original two-toned version, but was all in for an all black model. Still have a 43, and consider it a pocket gun versus the 43X, which I consider to be the perfect concealed belt gun.

Put 50 rounds through it, no hiccups. Trigger bites my finger some, but ergos are perfect. Not getting rid of my G26 gen 3... it can take the G17 and G15 mags.

Current Glock collection includes G17 gen 3, G21 gen 4, G26 gen 3, G43, and G43X.

Congratulations. I thought the two-tone gun was an abomination and I like the all black gun much better but I could do without the forward slide serrations. I like the G43x much better than the G48 for a belt gun but the G43 is a little large for a pocket gun unless you can find pants with really big pockets. Even a G42 is a little big for my pockets. It fits ok but doesn't leave much room for my large hands.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:02 PM, TXUSMC said:

I agree with you about the two tone 43x. I carry a 42. I love the 42 but I'm considering the all black 43x or an M&P 2.0 Performance Center. 

I can't decide. I'm waiting for my local range to have the 43x in their rental rotation so I can give it a try.

I am not a huge Springfield fan.  The price point is high at the moment, but they new Hellcat seems to be good for small size, higher capacity 9mm.