Took the plunge on a 43X

TXUSMC

Didn't have any interest in the original two-toned version, but was all in for an all black model. Still have a 43, and consider it a pocket gun versus the 43X, which I consider to be the perfect concealed belt gun.

Put 50 rounds through it, no hiccups. Trigger bites my finger some, but ergos are perfect. Not getting rid of my G26 gen 3... it can take the G17 and G15 mags.

Current Glock collection includes G17 gen 3, G21 gen 4, G26 gen 3, G43, and G43X.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:02 PM, TXUSMC said:

Didn't have any interest in the original two-toned version, but was all in for an all black model. Still have a 43, and consider it a pocket gun versus the 43X, which I consider to be the perfect concealed belt gun.

Put 50 rounds through it, no hiccups. Trigger bites my finger some, but ergos are perfect. Not getting rid of my G26 gen 3... it can take the G17 and G15 mags.

Current Glock collection includes G17 gen 3, G21 gen 4, G26 gen 3, G43, and G43X.

Congratulations. I thought the two-tone gun was an abomination and I like the all black gun much better but I could do without the forward slide serrations. I like the G43x much better than the G48 for a belt gun but the G43 is a little large for a pocket gun unless you can find pants with really big pockets. Even a G42 is a little big for my pockets. It fits ok but doesn't leave much room for my large hands.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:02 PM, TXUSMC said:

I agree with you about the two tone 43x. I carry a 42. I love the 42 but I'm considering the all black 43x or an M&P 2.0 Performance Center. 

I can't decide. I'm waiting for my local range to have the 43x in their rental rotation so I can give it a try.

• 2 months later...

I added a 48 to the stable yesterday. Same size as the 19, but a lot skinnier. I was back and forth between the 43x and the 48, and in the end, my love for the 19, and the free Crimson Trace laser, sold me on the 48. Hell, I still may add a 43x at some point in the future. I went with the 2-tone, as all my other old Glocks are black, and the 2-tone finish looks more like the old frying pan finish than the black. I have one scratchy-grey finish 19, and that one is relegated to nightstand duty for the missus. I can't imagine how scuffed up that thing would be, if it was in regular holster rotation. My old Gen3 19 and 36, you can skid those things down the road, and hurt the road more than the finish.

I'll put the 48 through some paces next week, and likely carry it all summer.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I bought one and 10 more mags to play games with. I hate it and it'll get kicked down the road at some point. Turns out I'm slower with it not quicker and it's not comfortable to shoot.