GM Employees Have Wrecked Their First C8 Corvette

Eric

• Administrators

A C8 Corvette (driven by a GM employee), along with an entourage of GM support vehicles, were driving on a Twisty California road today, when the Vette hit an oncoming SUV. There isn’t much info available yet. The haters are already yelling that there are design issues, of course. I imagine more info will come soon.

C61F0C1B-6AB3-4105-BB17-A50E6BEA7914.jpeg.4d8c96246e3a87a1ca9a9c8b12bf92de.jpeg

• Sad 2

Maybe it is the cynic in me, but it makes me think of all the woke movies that are coming out.  At one point I was really excited to see a Star Wars movie in the theater.  But then Last Jedi came out and ruined it.  Then they announced plans for a woke phase 4 in the MCU.  Then what they have done to Doctor Who over the past few years.  So when I see a corvette that is only going to be available with a flappy paddle gear box and not a real transmission being wrecked it is like eh. Just like they have ruined the movies, they have ruined my favorite sports car.  So if they wreck it, oh well.

• Like 1

• Administrators

And what was it, last summer, when the GM exec stuffed the C7 Corvette ZR1 into the wall at a Detroit Indycar race? He was just driving a long and BLAM! GM employees are freaking menaces behind the wheel.

BEFEAEA0-45DA-40E2-A813-3D07D38DDEE8.jpeg.db612e66eae9ba2f75c5cb4a58ce163d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, Eric said:

A C8 Corvette (driven by a GM employee), along with an entourage of GM support vehicles, were driving on a Twisty California road today, when the Vette hit an oncoming SUV. There isn’t much info available yet. The haters are already yelling that there are design issues, of course. I imagine more info will come soon.

C61F0C1B-6AB3-4105-BB17-A50E6BEA7914.jpeg.4d8c96246e3a87a1ca9a9c8b12bf92de.jpeg

Someone wasn't in their lane or no one would be missing a head light and the structural means to mount it.

Speed, drifting, overestimating of ability.....   And the beat goes on!

• Like 2

Highway 120 by Priest Grade; near Yosemite.  I've nearly been killed there myself.  Not safe to pass on that road. 

2 hours ago, Eric said:

GM employees are freaking menaces behind the wheel.

Just ask Kenny from Mad Men:

aaron-staton-mad-men.jpg

Edited by minervadoe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, janice6 said:

Someone wasn't in their lane or no one would be missing a head light and the structural means to mount it.

Speed, drifting, overestimating of ability.....   And the beat goes on!

That's what I'm thinking.  Someone(bet it was the corvette) crossed the centerline around a curve.  

That road reminds me of the (in)famous Mulholland Drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, janice6 said:

Power and maneuverability, so many people can only handle one at a time. 

Lots of cars now have multiple power outputs that can be selected.  I think the Corvette needs that (if it doesn't have it).

I might would even set it up where you can't really use the power until you've shown you can handle it somehow.  But that's getting a little nanny state.....

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 10:51 PM, Eric said:

And what was it, last summer, when the GM exec stuffed the C7 Corvette ZR1 into the wall at a Detroit Indycar race? He was just driving a long and BLAM! GM employees are freaking menaces behind the wheel.

BEFEAEA0-45DA-40E2-A813-3D07D38DDEE8.jpeg.db612e66eae9ba2f75c5cb4a58ce163d.jpeg

It's the color.  If you work for GM and drive a blue Corvette, data shows you will have an accident.  I can prove it with a slide rule.

Statistics, man.

2 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

Lots of cars now have multiple power outputs that can be selected.  I think the Corvette needs that (if it doesn't have it).

I might would even set it up where you can't really use the power until you've shown you can handle it somehow.  But that's getting a little nanny state.....

I agree.  When people wreck Million dollar cars just because they don't understand their ability, it means you probably can't stop them from being stupid.  But, it's their money and their loss. 

I would also wish there was some training so they didn't cause other people grief too.

The most important thing I learned in life is to know what you don't know.  Many people don't know, and don't care.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't try, But that you should be smart enough to learn where you're not a threat to others.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

40,000 people died in car crashes on the highway in 2018. 14,000 or so were shot to death.  What we need is stricter licensing for drivers, not gun control.

We certainly do not need these race cars with their over powered engines just meant to go fast and kill....  We need common sense car control.

Edited by RenoF250
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, RenoF250 said:

We certainly do not need these race cars with their over powered engines just meant to go fast and kill....  We need common sense car control.

Hey now!  I said licensing for drivers, not car control.  I like my 180 mph Camaro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40,000 people died in car crashes on the highway in 2018. 14,000 or so were shot to death.  What we need is stricter licensing for drivers, not gun control.

Wonder how many dead by gunshot were suicides and/or police and how many dead by car crash were suicides and/or police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Wyzz Kydd said:

Hey now!  I said licensing for drivers, not car control.  I like my 180 mph Camaro.

Well if you insist on driving a car with the capability of frightening others, maybe you should be restricted to 3 wheel instead of four.

And.  Only a manual transmission too!  Automatic transmissions are too easy to shift.

Edited by janice6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

Well if you insist on driving a car with the capability of frightening others, maybe you should be restricted to 3 wheel instead of four.

And.  Only a manual transmission too!  Automatic transmissions are too easy to shift.

I prefer a manual and I prefer single action revolvers so I guess I’m old fashioned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

Well, they needed an Obama bailout just to survive, that should tell you something.

Uh, like maybe labor unions kill companies? 

They killed Chrysler too.  Ford only survived its labor unions because they borrowed $4 billion dollars to buy out labor union contracts.

Edited by minervadoe
  • Thanks 1