Remington Model 14 Rifle

DrB

Great deal if in good working condition. 35 rem is a great caliber. Anything the 357 magnum can do in a rifle, the 35 Rem can do better, and a pump action is superior to a lever action and repeat shots are just as fast as a semi-auto. 

Edited by Borg warner
  • Like 1

Hopefully I will hear back from him.  He belongs to the same gun club as me.  Older man who is selling off his guns, and has them listed there.  This one caught my eye as I had a 141 once but like a fool sold it.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give you a perspective...to make one today (of those models 14), one would be looking at $3000. I've seen on at $899 Canadian lately. If not for the lack of money, I would grab it. It was however in very nice condition.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife was digging through my I-phone, as I spend a lot of time researching firearms before I decide.  She castigated me that it would not happen until the end of the year.  I replied that is why I research in the interim rather than throwing something at the wall and see if it sticks.  Research is key when you are thinking of throwing some big money around.

• Like 1

Speaking of my Historian friend, I did a lot of research on the 7mm08 and was surprised in an article that it is nearly evenly matched with the .270 with less recoil.  I found a provider that makes AR-10's in 7mm08 and offers LEO/FLEO/Military Discounts, of a carrier, 2 extra magazines and a 5% discount.  They have one with the Vortex sight, and one with out.  I prefer my own scopes.  On my 6.5CM, I have the Burris Eliminator 3.  When I pick up the 7mm08 I will probably put on the latest Nikon BDC.  I am not a mildot fan, unless I have all the time in the world to adjust my X and Y access and do some quick math.  Unless your target is not moving, and most animals, and other things tend to move around quickly.  I prefer one shot, one kill.  I noticed that, before I gave up my 7mm mag to my father, a doe will maybe give you one broad side if you are lucky.  Then she will turn.  I remember putting the perfect size hole on her for the kill.  Then CLICK.  I had my safety off.  I quickly took off the safety, and she looked around for awhile.  She finally broadsided, and I dropped her.  I think the longest kill I had to take with that Weatherby 7mm mag was a little over 250 yards.  Still one shot, one kill.  With rifles, I don't like the idea of taking multiple shots.

• 2 weeks later...

He just got back with me.  He is older selling all his guns.  Can't  blame him , nothing goes with you.  Hope I still can get this rifle.  Long time search here with him and hope it works out for us.....

Dave..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2019 at 4:49 PM, Clancy said:

Well, did you get it? I had one in .30 Remington, essentially a rimless, 30-30, and wish I had kept it.

Nope, after a few emails he never got back to me.  Way it works.  I would have paid him his asking price..  Another one will show up some day..

Dave