Not Too Smart

So, I had a couple of checks to deposit in the credit union. The credit union is fairly off of my usual path of travel. I entered and went to the information desk, where sat a woman who looked like a young-to-middle aged librarian. After greeting her, I said "I've heard that it's possible to deposit checks through my phone. Can I do that here?" She said "You're here. You don't have to use your phone"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OldDad said:

So, I had a couple of checks to deposit in the credit union. The credit union is fairly off of my usual path of travel. I entered and went to the information desk, where sat a woman who looked like a young-to-middle aged librarian. After greeting her, I said "I've heard that it's possible to deposit checks through my phone. Can I do that here?" She said "You're here. You don't have to use your phone"

Do you know about mobile deposit? It's a great thing but can be confusing.

1 hour ago, Bish1309 said:

Do you know about mobile deposit? It's a great thing but can be confusing.

That's what I was asking her about. When she realized what I was asking she gave me an explanatory brochure. It's doable, but looks like a bigger hassle than just waiting til I'm close to the credit union.

On 6/4/2019 at 2:32 PM, OldDad said:

That's what I was asking her about. When she realized what I was asking she gave me an explanatory brochure. It's doable, but looks like a bigger hassle than just waiting til I'm close to the credit union.

Simply put, if the check in hand has a box to check for mobile deposit, once that box is checked that's the only way it can be deposited. Once your phone is set to use it (usually through your FI) you takes pictures of front and back and within 24 hours your money is there. As long as you don't check the box for mobile deposit or write that on the back of the check you can physically deposit it at any FI that will let you.