Bore Site Future

JJHNSN

So, seems we are up to around 400 members on the site...which leads me to wonder what may realistically be expected for a new gun forum when:

(1) Internet forums are basically passe, in light of the rise of social media.

(2) There are many other Internet gun forum sights plugging away.

Where do we think this forum will be in six months, or a year, or five years?

I'll start the prognostication off:

Six months: 1,000 members.

A year? 3,000 members.

Five years? 10,000 members

I do not see this site becoming large because there are so many other gun forums out there and social media is far more popular.

Your guess?

A nuclear weapon goes off in the atmosphere and there is a complete Internet shutdown for three years.

But, Eric perseveres and rigs up a system of cans with strings and a unique Morse code system where he eventually becomes bigger than Facebook.

Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg name awards after him and when the hardened Internet starts back up he releases HTML6.    

Edited by minervadoe
fat fingers

Eric's boresitedyne systems reverse engineer themselves into virtual self aware robots, spreading nanobot seedlings of themselves through clone chemtrails.

Soon, resulting gun nuttery spreads into the psyche of every 3rd generation post-judgement human. Growth industry, baby.

6 minutes ago, ROB said:

Eric's boresitedyne systems reverse engineer themselves into virtual self aware robots, spreading nanobot seedlings of themselves through clone chemtrails.

Soon, resulting gun nuttery spreads into the psyche of every 3rd generation post-judgement human. Growth industry, baby.

I already thought we were all netbots.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, JJHNSN said:

So, seems we are up to around 400 members on the site...which leads me to wonder what may realistically be expected for a new gun forum when:

(1) Internet forums are basically passe, in light of the rise of social media.

(2) There are many other Internet gun forum sights plugging away.

Where do we think this forum will be in six months, or a year, or five years?

I'll start the prognostication off:

Six months: 1,000 members.

A year? 3,000 members.

Five years? 10,000 members

I do not see this site becoming large because there are so many other gun forums out there and social media is far more popular.

Your guess?

My guess is that there aren't a hell of a lot of people out there with more experience building, running or growing message board websites than me. I wouldn't have started this place if I didn't think I could pull it off. I'm not going to spend a lot of time outlining all the plans I have for growing this place, or explaining the steps I intend to take in its development. The efforts to grow this place haven't even properly started. We do have plans though and they are proceeding.

Anyway, if anyone wants to speculate on the site's failure or play armchair quarterback concerning the steps being taken to grow the place, perhaps they can discuss them somewhere else. Perhaps I am feeling a bit thin-skinned tonight, but this thread rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 13

• Eric locked this topic