Single Action .22LR Revolvers

railfancwb

Anyone notice the ad says not for sale in Minnesota? Is this because the Liberals have taken over the state? Unfortunately, yes. The gun is somehow considered a Saturday Night Special in Minnesota.

I like the looks of the gun except that I've never liked two-tone guns and especially not revolvers. I like the bronze frame but wish that it were available with the same color cylinder.  But ruger makes good quality guns and I think if MSRP is $250 street price will be closer to $200.

Edited by Borg warner

I think Ruger will sell lots of these to older shooters because of the price line, and a lot to young shooters as a first handgun.  I think I'll get one to help train people and just for fun.  It appears the grip frame is made of zinc from what I am reading on some of the forums which seems to be a turn off for some potential buyers.  Grip frame is not a high stress area and I don't see a problem with zinc.  They have obviously cut some production corners but I think Ruger will give Heritage Arms some good competition.  Ruger is obviously trying to attract new Ruger shooters so the gun will have to be up to Ruger standards to get those shooters back for more. I do wish they were making it in a 5 1/2" barrel but I guess for the price I can't complain, 

For the price they will sell.  As for me not so much but when I see one that may change.  I have an old Colt New Frontier I carried when I was young and trapping.  Well holster worn and marked from use.  Not the best looking now but was a working gun and I still have and it's one of my favorites. I know where all of the scars on her came from and they bring a smile to my face when I remember those times.

The Ruger I hopes does well.

Dave..

I'll have one, I'd guess the first one I come across. My time in my home state will be limited to about two and a half weeks this year so it may take a while to get one.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:37 PM, Borg warner said:

Anyone notice the ad says not for sale in Minnesota? Is this because the Liberals have taken over the state? Unfortunately, yes. The gun is somehow considered a Saturday Night Special in Minnesota.

I like the looks of the gun except that I've never liked two-tone guns and especially not revolvers. I like the bronze frame but wish that it were available with the same color cylinder.  But ruger makes good quality guns and I think if MSRP is $250 street price will be closer to $200.

Because they allow an insestuous terrorist to represent the State, but a single action cowboy .22LR is just going too far?

3 hours ago, Moshe said:

Because they allow an insestuous terrorist to represent the State, but a single action cowboy .22LR is just going too far?

But... But...  It has a fast action loading gate thingy that swings down.  We can't allow these single action fully automatic speed spin cylinder quick reloading pistols out on the street.

And I forgot to add, I see they are already offering 32 round clips for these...

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 1