Doolittle Raid Gets Underway

Eric

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Moshe said:

Ironic turn of a phrase, it looks like they did much. :)

They did plenty psychologically to the Japanese and they did wonders for US morale.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Eric said:

They did plenty psychologically to the Japanese and they did wonders for US morale.

They buzzed at low altitude....a Japanese baseball game.

How, truly, American.

Not sure how those planes could hold balls that big.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TBO said:

Bless those courageous men.

Got to meet three of them at their last public meeting.  To say i was in awe is like saying i want to see tomorrow.

Doolittle thought he screwed up.   When he was smuggled out by brave Chinese men...he was dumbfounded to receive the MOH.

He wrote a couple books.   My copy of 30 Seconds over Tokyo is a first edition.

• Like 5

You guys want a mystery?  How on earth could they take a great topic like the Doolittle Raid and or Pearl Harbor and make that disaster of a movie?  With history that good you really want to screw it up? 

I've been reading on this topic since Christ was a Corporal and his buddy Moses was a Mess Cook.   How do you screw up history that good?  You really have to work at it.  I mean work at it.  You have have a PHD in Dumb Ass to screw up this true story.  This is on the order of stupid beyond the reason of man.

image.jpeg.ae7a5a32b5a750c68c224afdaaa1ab0c.jpeg

Sorry.  Sorry about this.  I get a little passionate about this topic.  Can't understand why.  I guess i have an issue with history.

I'm going to go drink with Herodotus.  He gets me. 

Edited by Historian
  • Like 3

I think they over-reacted when they sank the Jap fishing boat and launched the planes early, farther from their target.

That cost them some good volunteers.

This raid led to the attack on Midway, and an amazing success by our Navy.

Edited by M&P15T
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Historian said:

You guys want a mystery?  How on earth could they take a great topic like the Doolittle Raid and or Pearl Harbor and make that disaster of a movie?  With history that good you really want to screw it up? 

I've been reading on this topic since Christ was a Corporal and his buddy Moses was a Mess Cook.   How do you screw up history that good?  You really have to work at it.  I mean work at it.  You have have a PHD in Dumb Ass to screw up this true story.  This is on the order of stupid beyond the reason of man.

image.jpeg.ae7a5a32b5a750c68c224afdaaa1ab0c.jpeg

Sorry.  Sorry about this.  I get a little passionate about this topic.  Can't understand why.  I guess i have an issue with history.

I'm going to go drink with Herodotus.  He gets me. 

The last time heard that expression was someone telling me how long I had been a Deportation Officer, as I was in the top 10 in seniority in the whole AOR (Area of Responsibility.) LOL