Ever Just Sit and Watch Your Dog Sleep?

DrB

My dog is at rest in front of the wood stove soaking up the heat. Am just sitting here watching with the flame in the fire, dog sleeping and a night time drink in my hand.  Is peaceful /relaxing, brings a smile to my face.

Dave..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Foxterriermom said:

Yes, I do.  And sometimes they watch me while I sleep which is a little unsettling when I suddenly wake up and find them staring at me.

Hahahhh. That is my dog also...  Sometimes she wakes me up in the middle of the night with a bark and her nose in my face.  Not wanting to go out but just being the little creep that she is...

Dave

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

We do.  Mostly so we can laugh at the mastiff laying on the entire couch twitching with his legs in the air and doing that silly sleeping bark thing he does when he's dreaming of chasing something...  Also, he snores.  He's snoring now...

Like this?

My chocolate lab did the exact same thing.  Sometimes, she'd wake herself up and then look at me like I did it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is rare now for mine to make any noise or movements while he is sleeping.  I'm just thankful when he wakes up.

They are so cute when they are dreaming.  I used to pet or hug mine when he was dreaming, since I didn't know if it was a good dream or a bad one.  I just wanted him to know I would always be there for him.

Critters that chose to live with us are so special.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Its hard.  The greatest dog I ever had passed 4 years ago.  He truly wasn't a dog.  I know...we all say that.  I don't know about any of you, but I have put down a few "best friends".  I have always been there, holding them, petting them,  kissing them as the vet......yes...ah hum...

He was 14, a Boston Terrier, old for a Boston.  I picked him up that morning and took him outside to do his business.  He turned around and looked at me, and then just laid down.  I could look at that dog and know what he was thinking, and he me.  Me and the wife get to "fussin" at each other, He'd jump up on my chair, put his paws on my chest and start lickin me..."settle down dad..." and it always worked.

I came in and told my wife..."It's time...he just told me."  Called my daughter, she came down, the 3 of us got in the car and went to the vet...

The wife drove, I sat in the back with my boy in his bed.  He just laid there, me petting him, him deep breathing with his eyes closed.  When the car stopped at the vet, my wife opened the door and turned around.  He brought his head up, sniffed the air real good... looked at her, looked at my daughter, looked at me, took one Long slow breath, and laid his head down and never breathed again.  I like to think he was thinkin..."Yeah, I know this place...Naw, I ain't puttin Dad thru this again."  Dr. Doug came out...It's hard to get another "dog".  They ain't just dogs.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2