SiriusXM Renewal lowest cost?

DrB

Title says it..  My subscription has been done for a couple of months and the mail/phone calls have started.  What's the least you have got for a year with the best subscription from them??  Looking to get a year long package that has Howard Stern. Like him or hate him, is sometimes entertaining during the morning drive.

Dave

1 hour ago, GPM said:

My wife just got Sirius Select for $30 for 6 months. Not a year, but a decent price. I think Stern is included. 

Yep. that's what they offered me.  Thinking about it here...

Dave..

I re uped yesterday. It was a tedious task.

First call and I was told via voicemail that my balance was $241 and would I like to pay it now. The card they had on file for me was dead, so they could not extract that amount from me. $241= one year of service at fool price. The negotiating dance began. I told them no way no how were they going to stick me for $241. My previous deal was 1 year at $99+tax and fees totaling $125 and change for a year. So they counter offered $99+fees =$113 and change.......the call was disconnected. I had waited on hold 10 minutes to get a live body on the line that spoke english as a second language. 

I called back and waited another 10 minutes to get another body on the line. Same thing only this guy's price went up to $125, we negotiated some more. Was put on hold while he spoke with the magical man in the back room. Call got bounced back to the 10 minute hold line to be answered by a new body. Hung up and decided to try the next day with a new strategy.

Called in the morning and while wading thru the phone screener system, went to the "cancel service" option. That seems to have lit a fire under someone's uh desk. I got some one on the line who spoke english very well. First order of business was the $241, no way no how was my message. Okay that was fixed. Next up was an offer of last years plan at $125. Again I said no way, not worth it, must do better, I have been a customer for 10 years. She offered up $60 for one year, with tax and fees $77. I accepted that. Now I do not have the all plan, no Howard Stern or NFL channel etc, I'm fine with that. I just have to first remember to put a stop service on my account with my bank so they can not bill me if I forget to re negotiate next year. 

• Like 2

I used to play the game where I would tell them i wanted to cancel and they would offer me 5 months at some special price.

i dont remember how much, only that I tired of the game and told them to pound sand. I dont miss it one bit.

• Like 2

I've gotten it free for six months on my last three vehicles.  I made the mistake of renewing it on the first one and it took nearly getting congress involved to get them to stop charging my card for increasingly ridiculous amounts.  Never again.

17 hours ago, ARP said:

First call and I was told via voicemail that my balance was $241 and would I like to pay it now. The card they had on file for me was dead, so they could not extract that amount from me. $241= one year of service at fool price. The negotiating dance began. I told them no way no how were they going to stick me for $241. My previous deal was 1 year at $99+tax and fees totaling $125 and change for a year. So they counter offered $99+fees =$113 and change.......the call was disconnected. I had waited on hold 10 minutes to get a live body on the line that spoke english as a second language. 

I called back and waited another 10 minutes to get another body on the line. Same thing only this guy's price went up to $125, we negotiated some more. Was put on hold while he spoke with the magical man in the back room. Call got bounced back to the 10 minute hold line to be answered by a new body. Hung up and decided to try the next day with a new strategy.

Called in the morning and while wading thru the phone screener system, went to the "cancel service" option. That seems to have lit a fire under someone's uh desk. I got some one on the line who spoke english very well. First order of business was the $241, no way no how was my message. Okay that was fixed. Next up was an offer of last years plan at $125. Again I said no way, not worth it, must do better, I have been a customer for 10 years. She offered up $60 for one year, with tax and fees $77. I accepted that. Now I do not have the all plan, no Howard Stern or NFL channel etc, I'm fine with that. I just have to first remember to put a stop service on my account with my bank so they can not bill me if I forget to re negotiate next year. 

NFL channnel is one reason I like it... 

When I got my last subscription the young woman told me that it would renew if I did not notify them before I did not.  Ask her why I could not just tell her then I did not want to renew.  Short pause...  Good question....  Let me check......  Sir we can do that...... after a few minutes....  It did not renew....

16 hours ago, jmohme said:

I used to play the game where I would tell them i wanted to cancel and they would offer me 5 months at some special price.

i dont remember how much, only that I tired of the game and told them to pound sand. I dont miss it one bit.

A close friend of mine used to do this also. 

48 minutes ago, Pistolay said:

I call them up every six months and tell them that I'm a retiree on a fixed income (which is true) and if they don't give me the introductory rate again I will cancel (which is also true). Just did it again yesterday. 

Gonna try that next time they call me.  Thanks.....

12 hours ago, Moeman said:

NFL channnel is one reason I like it... 

I have not intentionally watched a single play of NFL football this year. I am done with the league until Roger Goodell is removed as Commissioner.

The dealership activated the nonsense when I picked up my Corvette, without saying a word, same with GM's OnStar vehicle service. A few months down the road I get an in car call from OnStar, telling me that my subscription is about to run out and that they would need my credit card information. That call scared the **** out of me because I never got any calls from "my car". I didn't have to answer the call either, this dude just started talking to me out of nowhere.

I was totally pissed. How in the hell can they establish a connection without any confirmation on my end. I pulled over and told this toolbag to cancel any existing subscription and to disable my OnStar device. He than tried to convince me to keep the service, otherwise the car won't be able to call-in emergency personal if I end up in a crash. I totally lost it that moment and yelled at him that I almost crashed because he started talking to me out of nowhere while I was driving.

Then they started calling me on my cell phone a couple days later with the same sales ****.

I ended up sending both OnStar and Sirius demand letters to headquarters, insisting on canceling any service, to remove my vehicle information, the device ID and my personal data out of their system. I threatened both with a federal lawsuit. Both confirmed a couple weeks later from their legal department and I never heard back.

I hate these integrated systems, a total violation of your privacy rights.

OnStart and most equivalent systems from other auto brands can listen to your conversations without any interaction from you. Law enforcement has access to this as well.

Since I don't trust these companies anymore, I went ahead and physically removed the OnStart module, the GSM module, the WiFi module and the Sirius radio in my Corvette and later on in the GMC truck. Luckily my cheap ass RAM work truck doesn't have any of this crap build in.

Soon we will have toilets with build in cameras. As soon as it sees your hemorrhoids, your health insurance premium will go up because you are a risk to the ******* insurance company. Just wait for it.

I installed an Android head unit im my truck as well as a laptop, both with unlimited internet access. I can stream YouTube, VuDo, and movies / music from my own NAS server at home, and thousands of radio stations and podcasts as well. So yeah, SiriusXM my ass.

PS: Sirius was working in my used VW Sportwagen even though I never signed up for it. The radio never got the cut-off signal. That being said, I rarely listened to it. The music was very repetitive.

Edited by crockett
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 7:56 PM, ARP said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My renewal is next month.  For a lot of years now I call the Cancellation number when I receive their $245-ish invoice and say  "I'm canceling, unless you can get me where I was last year ($115-ish). This is what your product is worth to me".  Usually it gets fixed right then and there. I tell them to send me a new invoice for that amount and include the $2.00 invoice fee.  Then I send them a check. Auto renew, my ass.

I learned over 10 years ago to NEVER give them a CC number.  I laugh now when they ask for one. No sir. Never again.

:)

Edited by xromad

14 hours ago, Dog Soldier said:

That is one service I really like. The nearest Net Work radio is over 100 miles away. It is nice to have uninterrupted radio.  When out in the desert it is great company. IMG_1051.thumb.JPG.6bf83ccdb0921dbbfdfba98be2f63ec7.JPG

Ironically, it doesn't work so well in the middle of nowhere out here due to trees and mountains.  Driving around on logging roads, it cuts in and out constantly and is annoying.

It worked nice when parked at our moose camp on top of a mountain; we were able to listen to a Packer's game AND wolves howling at the same time.  Surreal experience...

IMG_20150919_151619401_HDR_zpssyxqkfm6.thumb.JPG.bf98fcc44e74454c66ffa8d965830d05.JPG

Edited by PNWguy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

Unlimited music with no commercial interruptions = iPod

$0.00 yearly subscription and it even works when there is no line of site to satellites.

No news or Wilkow, I listen to music perhaps 25% of time. Tomorrow I go from PA to SC alone and then back the next day. Can not do my job without XM.