Sooooooo Bored At Work

M&P15T

How did this house even pass a home inspection to be sold? If it was not disclosed at the time of sale, the buyers should sue the pants off the sellers.

Good on you for helping them. ? I shudder to think how much repairs like those cost at full price. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, deputy tom said:

If I were you, I'd feed your sister's ex husband to the chickens. tom. :cowboy2:

To something.  I was thinking a lonely Mesa in NM and vultures, but I think your way would take a long time. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Huaco Kid said:

You can buy houses much much nicer than that in Detroit, for $1.

Some I've seen are even cool retro / classic designs with artistry built in.

I am sure there are some very lovely boarded up crack houses there.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, blackjack said:

I'd look for a loophole in the rules on stoning for failure to keep his family at some minimal standard. 

That is an understatement, he has quit more jobs as other people change their under wear.  I can't count how many jobs he is has quit.  I never quit anything unless I had a job lined up.  Plus moving from the last one.  Grocery store work, to Graduate School Assistant, to three different Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.  Everything was either a step up financially or for family time.  My wife thought I was strange because I had insurance on everything.  But, that has paid for itself in spades.  I have always been taught a man's responsibility was to his family, always, and forever.  So, that is the motto that has always drove me.  As a single man, you run your life, as a married man you sacrifice that life for wife and family.  So, their needs come first and last.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Moshe said:

I am sure there are some very lovely boarded up crack houses there.

Some with very cool architecture.

The crackheads don't move in and eventually burn the house down;  the crackheads move in and the closest neighbors promptly burn the house down.

• Thanks 1

So, here's the follow up after today's meeting with the clients;

We had never fixed a specific total budget for the job, but with $45K in structural repairs needed, today we finally got to that number.

So, the two bathrooms and the kitchen are going to have to be done for faaaar less money in materials (and a bit less in labor) to get to their bottom line. And we can do that. It just means that we're starting all over again making all the materials selections, and design work. But that will all be easy, because everything will be much simpler.

Gone are the stacked cabinets with glass doors and interior lighting going up to their 124" ceiling, gone are the tile selections of the Landed Gentry, gone are the.....well, you get the point. 

• Like 2

On 1/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, M&P15T said:

So, here's the follow up after today's meeting with the clients;

We had never fixed a specific total budget for the job, but with $45K in structural repairs needed, today we finally got to that number.

So, the two bathrooms and the kitchen are going to have to be done for faaaar less money in materials (and a bit less in labor) to get to their bottom line. And we can do that. It just means that we're starting all over again making all the materials selections, and design work. But that will all be easy, because everything will be much simpler.

Gone are the stacked cabinets with glass doors and interior lighting going up to their 124" ceiling, gone are the tile selections of the Landed Gentry, gone are the.....well, you get the point. 

So you're ditching the fancy-schmancy eye candy but you're fixing the structure properly.

This guy approves:

16dc2a9ecb339b554b16f23eff3732f2.jpg

Seriously - how is there not a meme out there with Mike Holmes yelling "Think about the STRUCTURE!!!!!"?