Ford releasing two Broncos??

PNWguy

Yes the Baby Bronco is off a different platform (Escape maybe?) than the "other" Bronco, which will be based off the Ranger platform. I was thinking we'd see it finally at the New York Auto Show on Jan 12 or so, but now not so sure.....might be a while yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, crockett said:

Looks like a lifted SUV to me. Too much of a compromise.

My possible next vehicle, the 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro sits as high or higher...

2019-2020-Toyota-4Runner-Black-Editions-

My current SUV is lifted slightly at 1.5"...

IMG_20180428_145935840_HDR.thumb.jpg.066fd8bf9d51fb9fc69a488b26afc9b4.jpg

Slightly lifted SUVs are a necessity around here when out in the woods due to Kelly humps; 10" to 2' high humps of dirt across the road to reduce erosion.  

And don't Google "Kelly hump"...  You will get something entirely different...

5824fd9959c82.image.jpg?resize=1200,841

• Haha 1

www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a25050309/ford-baby-bronco-jeep-first-photos

"According to Reuters, Ford product head Hau Thai-Tang said in August that this smaller SUV would share its unibody platform with the Focus. That means it won't be a hard-core off-roader like the new Bronco, which we believe will be body-on-frame."

The FOCUS? 

I can't wait to see this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnbt said:

www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a25050309/ford-baby-bronco-jeep-first-photos

"According to Reuters, Ford product head Hau Thai-Tang said in August that this smaller SUV would share its unibody platform with the Focus. That means it won't be a hard-core off-roader like the new Bronco, which we believe will be body-on-frame."

The FOCUS? 

I can't wait to see this.

Yeah, Ford is going full retard lately.  You can't buy the Raptor with a V8; only a V6.  It may put out more horsepower and torque than the old 6.2 V8, but it sounds ridiculous.  And they are discontinuing all of their cars in North America except the Mustang.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a20066196/ford-killing-focus-fiesta-north-america-2022/

• Sad 1

My neighbor just came home with a 2018 Toyota Rav4 to replace his 2016 Dodge Dart.  Local dealer was discounting them heavily and he ended up paying $22k for a pretty loaded model.  I would love one, but I need something that will tow my pop-up camper and UTV trailer.

3 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Yeah, Ford is going full retard lately.  You can't buy the Raptor with a V8; only a V6.  It may put out more horsepower and torque than the old 6.2 V8, but it sounds ridiculous.  And they are discontinuing all of their cars in North America except the Mustang.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a20066196/ford-killing-focus-fiesta-north-america-2022/

It goes along with their stock being in a downward trend since 2015, while the market was pushing higher up until 2017.

I think the board is desperate and decided to focus on trucks, SUVs and new releases, which now get watered-down to compromises that nobody likes.

Ford stocks used to be over $30. Today they stand at $7.90.

Pretty sad chart. It tells the story.

Image1.png

Ford stock has done the big fluctuations a time or two in the last decade and a half. I don't follow that kind of stuff enough to comment with intelligence though.

They sure sell a lot of Mustangs and I'm pretty pleased with mine. The Bronco once revealed and released could be a big winner. Look at the corner Jeep Wrangler has had forever. There's a lot of market there.

48 minutes ago, Lazy R said:

The Bronco once revealed and released could be a big winner. Look at the corner Jeep Wrangler has had forever. There's a lot of market there.

I am absolutely sure that Ford will turn the Bronco into a pavement princess with nowhere near the capability of the Wrangler.  It sure as heck won't have live axles and likely not even a V8, considering Ford's going to the V6 turbo in the F150s.

EDIT:

I watched an interview with the President of Ford and they showed the full-size Bronco under a car cover.  He indicated that it will be on par with Wrangler and Range Rover in off-road capability and was based on the Raptor platform.  He said while you can take it to Moab, it was not designed specifically for Moab.  Whatever that means...

The Bronco under the cover looked like it had some decent lift and at least 33" tires with a very boxy/retro shape.  Based on the Raptor, it should be pretty capable, though will not have live axles and will likely not have a V8.  Losers...

Edited by PNWguy

8 hours ago, PNWguy said:

EDIT:

I watched an interview with the President of Ford and they showed the full-size Bronco under a car cover.  He indicated that it will be on par with Wrangler and Range Rover in off-road capability and was based on the Raptor platform.  He said while you can take it to Moab, it was not designed specifically for Moab.  Whatever that means...

I saw that interview. "You can take it 'to' Moab, just not use it there." That little nugget did say a lot.