What Movie Scared You Most?

Eric

Joe Bob Briggs had a completely different style than Bob Wilkins but Monster Vision was damned good too. Briggs was finny as hell and Bob Wilkins equal in that host genre. I was pissed when Monster Vision went off the air.

Friday the 13th part two was the first horror movie I saw in theaters. I was 12. I begins with the ending of part one, which is one of the greatest jumps scares ever put in a movie. It got me many times, even when I knew it was coming. 

19 hours ago, Black&TAN said:

clown5.jpg

Poltergeist... clowns are freaky

That was my second choice. I was in my late 20's so not as scary as a child, but that damn clown scene made me physically jump.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eric said:

Idiocracy. 

I woulda found that scary if I realized an intended comedy movie was gonna be a LOT more realistic if I knew about millenials, safe-spaces, cry-rooms, being triggered, and 57 different genders was gonna be real a few years down the road! I think Mike Judge is clairvoyant.

• Like 2

One of the Friday the 13th movies, I don't remember which one, where Freddy came up through the drain while the girl was taking a bath. I couldn't **** without hovering over the toilet for a while for fear of Freddy's gloved hand reaching up out of the bowl.

19 minutes ago, Sprout said:

One of the Friday the 13th movies, I don't remember which one, where Freddy came up through the drain while the girl was taking a bath. I couldn't **** without hovering over the toilet for a while for fear of Freddy's gloved hand reaching up out of the bowl.

Sounds like the original Nightmare on Elm Street, not a Friday the 13th movie. 

On 7/5/2018 at 2:33 PM, Lord said:

The movie you're thinking about is "Day of the Triffids" I believe.

For me, The Exorcist.  I was 22 or 23 at the time I saw it... I watched it alone while wife was at work.  It still creeps me out and I won't watch it again.

Thanks. I'm going to have to look that up and see if it was the one.

Dave

Another vote for "The thing", 1951 version.  I was ten years old and begged my father to take me to see the film.  Big mistake.  Took a few weeks to recover from the experience.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JMag said:

Pinhead in “Hellraiser” always gave me the creeps, but “The Exorcist” definitely creeped me out the most with “The Omen” a distant second.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Pinhead t shirt. Pinhead and David Lo Pan are my two favorite movie villains with Toecutter getting honorable mention.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, XSIV4S said:

Prophecy. The movie with that bear/fish, etc. thing. I saw it way too young.

Where the animals were affected by Mercury poisoning. In the lake  ? I've seen about every scary movie out there. big fan of genre. Another one I saw as a young in. Gargoyles cheeesy but scary

• Like 1

I have a Pinhead t shirt. Pinhead and David Lo Pan are my two favorite movie villains with Toecutter getting honorable mention.

Not familiar with Toecutter. Any resemblance to that other freak, Pumpkinhead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Exorcist and Jaws were always at the top of my list. Both struck a primal nerve with ALOT of people. How many of us today give a brief pause when going into the ocean?

I like Tubular Bells and have it as the ringtone on my phone. Occasionally people will give me a strange, uncomfortable look when it goes off.

• Like 1