Winter Fun

6 minutes ago, Chris said:

Screw that white snowy stuff. I tolerate the heat of Phoenix for six months out of the year because the next six are nice. Winter here is occasionally wearing pants and a light jacket when it is 60 degrees outside...

You don't know what you're missing. One of my favorite activities is riding way out on the Refuge. Way out. No tracks other than animals. Deep powder. Going places you can't access any other way. Exploring. Hauling ass. No cops, no speed limit. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 8:21 PM, Walt Longmire said:

You don't know what you're missing. One of my favorite activities is riding way out on the Refuge. Way out. No tracks other than animals. Deep powder. Going places you can't access any other way. Exploring. Hauling ass. No cops, no speed limit. 

Wasn't this you getting a ride back from the Refuge?

moose_hunters-thumbnail-e1427048570736.jpg

• Haha 2

After 53 years of residing in the upper Midwest, I'm more than ready to ditch ANY AND ALL snow related activities for a warm breeze in the air and white sand below my feet.  

As soon as my kids are off the payroll, we are outta here from January until May.   

• Like 3

When I lived in the great white north, I didn't have a snowmobile. In my tightwad mind, I just could not justify an expensive seasonal toy, but I absolutely loved getting out in the snow on my Suzuki dirt bike! If the snow got to deep for two wheels, the Honda ATC200x did an admirable job.

Now I live in central Texas where things like snow rarely happen.

2 hours ago, jmohme said:

When I lived in the great white north, I didn't have a snowmobile. In my tightwad mind, I just could not justify an expensive seasonal toy, but I absolutely loved getting out in the snow on my Suzuki dirt bike! If the snow got to deep for two wheels, the Honda ATC200x did an admirable job.

Now I live in central Texas where things like snow rarely happen.

Snowmoblies don't exist in Alaska. Snow machines do. You find snowmobiles in the lower 48. 

• Like 1