Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

Students: We demand the school sell its stock in fossil fuels. Professor: I can't do that, but I'll turn off the gas heating for you.

Here's the story from the Times of London:

Two students at St John's College wrote to Andrew Parker, the principal bursar, this week requesting a meeting to discuss the protesters' demands, which are that the college "declares a climate emergency and immediately divests from fossil fuels." They say that the college, the richest in Oxford, has £8 million of its £551 million endowment fund invested in BP and Shell.

Professor Parker responded with a provocative offer. "I am not able to arrange any divestment at short notice," he wrote. "But I can arrange for the gas central heating in college to be switched off with immediate effect. Please let me know if you support this proposal."

https://www.theblaze.com/news/professor-brilliant-response-to-student-climate-protesters?utm_source=theblaze-dailyPM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM 2020-01-31&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily PM - last 270 days

Edited by pipedreams
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 113.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

One of Michigan's rabidly antigun State Representatives was arraigned today for a 0.212 blood alcohol level last month.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2020/01/state-rep-rebekah-warren-arraigned-on-super-drunk-driving-charge-after-crash-on-i-75.html

Police received several calls regarding an apparently impaired driver at about 11 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 26 on northbound I-75 near Baldwin Road, Auburn Hills Police Lt. Ryan Gagnon said previously.

Warren told the officer she was heading back to Ann Arbor after attending an event at the Renaissance Center in Detroit, the report states. She admitting to having a few glasses of wine while at the event, the report states.

Ann Arbor is about 35 miles West of Detroit, she wrecked in Auburn Hills which is about 30 miles North of Detroit or not even close to being on the way to Ann Arbor. She refused the breathalyzer test which is a no no, I wonder if the consequences for refusing will apply to her?

• Sad 1