• Replies 113.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

So, I was watching a news channel between periods of a hockey game and one of the personalities was lamenting the fact that the major media outlets, professional liars or Hollywood pretenders  did not mention the National Guard soldier  presumed dead after jumping into the Rio Grande and saving some illegal invaders.

I pondered for a bit and we all know that that can only lead to trouble.

Then, I got angry.

This brave young man's life, his character, his decency and certainly his bravery do not need some arrogant media news reader or writer, a slimy, corrupt, self-serving politician or  a vapid pretty person that makes a very good living living pretending to be someone else to determine the validity and worth of this young man's actions.

I doubt  that many of the above can begin to understand what this young man did or why he did it because they have no character, no honesty and no decency; traits that are alien to them.

I understand that young man.

He is a hero.

He did what most of us would do, will do, because most of us are decent and honest and despite fear, we'll go and help.

I pray and hope that that young man survives, but it doesn't look good.

Here's to the family and friends, the teachers, the clergy,  the men and women of his  National Guard company that helped form such an outstanding individual.  :cheers:

And here's to the lad.  :patriot:

Well done, Sir.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, tous said:

So, I was watching a news channel between periods of a hockey game and one of the personalities was lamenting the fact that the major media outlets, professional liars or Hollywood pretenders  did not mention the National Guard soldier  presumed dead after jumping into the Rio Grande and saving some illegal invaders.

I pondered for a bit and we all know that that can only lead to trouble.

Then, I got angry.

This brave young man's life, his character, his decency and certainly his bravery do not need some arrogant media news reader or writer, a slimy, corrupt, self-serving politician or  a vapid pretty person that makes a very good living living pretending to be someone else to determine the validity and worth of this young man's actions.

I doubt  that many of the above can begin to understand what this young man did or why he did it because they have no character, no honesty and no decency; traits that are alien to them.

I understand that young man.

He is a hero.

He did what most of us would do, will do, because most of us are decent and honest and despite fear, we'll go and help.

I pray and hope that that young man survives, but it doesn't look good.

Here's to the family and friends, the teachers, the clergy,  the men and women of his  National Guard company that helped form such an outstanding individual.  :cheers:

And here's to the lad.  :patriot:

Well done, Sir.

Above and beyond the call of duty ... :patriot:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1