• Replies 112.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

Florida Governor DeSantis threatens to hold twitter board accountable for “breaching their fiduciary duty” by rejecting Musk offer – PJ Media
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is threatening to sue Twitter’s board of directors if it doesn’t take the best buy-out offer from tech billionaire Elon Musk.
DeSantis announced today that because Florida’s pension plan is invested in Twitter, he has standing to sue the board for breaching its fiduciary duty to do what’s best for shareholders.
The Tesla billionaire offered to buy Twitter for $43 billion, but the board of directors activated a “poison pill” to kill the deal.
DeSantis says he’s “looking at ways the state of Florida potentially can be holding these Twitter board of directors accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.” He says his is not a benign threat because his state owns shares of Twitter. “I didn’t buy it [and] we have people that run the fund,” said the Florida Republican, but he said Twitter has some explaining to do. “[Twitter] hasn’t exactly been great on returns on investment; it has been pretty stagnant for many, many years. To me, I think that is probably an injury to the fund.”
DeSantis wasn’t done.
“The question is, why would you reject the 20% premium? I don’t think that was a rejection based on financial concerns or business judgment,” he told a news conference today. “They rejected it because they know they can’t control Elon Musk, they know he will not accept the narrative, and that their little play toy of Twitter would not be used to enforce orthodoxy and to basically prop up the regime and these failed legacy media outlets.”
Which is absolutely spot on.
Even former CEO and current Twitter board member, Jack Dorsey, blamed the board for “dysfunction.”…

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/04/19/desantis-deploys-flame-thrower-and-goes-after-twitter-board-n1591178

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.11cc2dfcd14400417a4ca0725741805e.png

I have three kids, all had school loans. All in fields with good pay. All paid off or being paid off.

#1 Son was the worst. $90K in debt for a Masters Degree but got a job paying $82K a year the day he graduated.

#2 Son graduates next year. Alphabet Agencies want applications this summer before he graduates. They will pay off his $16K loan as an employment bonus. 

But why the hell do people take out $100K for a feel good degree with no pay?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Batesmotel said:

I have three kids, all had school loans. All in fields with good pay. All paid off or being paid off.

#1 Son was the worst. $90K in debt for a Masters Degree but got a job paying $82K a year the day he graduated.

#2 Son graduates next year. Alphabet Agencies want applications this summer before he graduates. They will pay off his $16K loan as an employment bonus. 

But why the hell do people take out $100K for a feel good degree with no pay?

Same here, two grandson had jobs waiting as soon as they graduated.  

• Like 2

Satire

image.png.51b0f972b976f1fe9828862d4a74c241.png

"In an exclusive interview on 60 Minutes, Gates explained how he plans to buy Chik Fil A if Elon Musk is successful in his purchase of Twitter.

“If Elon ruins Twitter for liberals, I will buy Chik Fil A, discontinue Chik Fil A sacue and transition to plant based chicken,” Gates told Beep News. “Be warned.”

According to sources close to Gates, he plans to replace the fast food chains coveted waffle fries with “crickets covered in Cheeto dust.”"

https://beep.news/bill-gates-threatens-to-buy-chik-fil-a-if-elon-musk-is-successful-in-twitter-buy/

• Haha 3