Does the logo look like...

gwalchmai

• Administrators

The inspiration for the logo was a clipart picture we ran across for the movie A Clockwork Orange. I'm not sure what the picture was from. I don't think it had been part of the original movie's artwork.  I created the logo image completely, but this was what gave me the beginnings of the idea. The 'cap' also has about the same shape as the rear site of my Kimber. I shaped the top of the cap to get the lines as close as possible. The bore below the hat was part of the original logo. It wasn't until a year or so later that Rabbi and I were discussing ideas for a really distinctive logo graphic, that we came across this picture and then everything fell into place. We dubbed the new TBS logo The Bore Hat. I even bought the domain name, in case it might come in handy some day.

The site is called The Bore Site. The Logo is comprised of a bore and a set of pistol sites. The hat brim ties the two elements together and makes them something else. I seldom set off with a clear image of what I want in my mind, when I create something like that and I usually arrive at something unexpected. That was the case here. The hat concept came out of left field, but we were very happy with the result. I believe it is a really distinctive logo graphic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Bowlers are surprisingly affordable, as long as you don't insist on real beaver fur felt.  I may have to pick one up.  

We need the logo on a commemorative hat pin once you get a TBS Store set up.  Heck, as odd as this crew is, they might even buy hats.  

250px-dum_dum_dugan.jpg

You could have tiers, like the various NRA membership tiers.  Founding, Supporting, Slacker and Lurker maybe.  Gold, Silver, White Brass, and Pewter.