Harry's shave club - anyone tried it?

Big Dog Dad

I've been using Harry's for a couple of months now and they're okay. Previously I was using Schick Hydro 5 and was finding their QC to be very inconsistent. So far, Harry's has been alright. Picked up the trial set at the local Wally World, but not all WMs stock them. The first thing I noticed with Harry's is the angle of the handle is very flat while in use, which is different than most blade razors. Once I got used to that, I've been reasonably satisfied.

2yrs for $10 (or 2++++ years for me, because I usually only shave two times each week):

https://www.amazon.com/Shark-Double-Safety-Blades-Chrome/dp/B003BWQX46/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1535335499&sr=8-3&keywords=shark+razors

HA!

(but I do finish up the corners and edges with a slim-twin)

6 hours ago, nitesite said:

Don't the 5-blade multi-blade cartridge disposables clog up really fast?  And then it requires more pressure on the face to keep pushing thru to get to your whiskers?

IIRC, I used their four blade model. It did that. After about a half inch or inch, it would be clogged. They were hard to unclog, too. Just running it under water usually didn't do the trick.

On 8/8/2018 at 12:29 PM, gwalchmai said:

Yeah, the shave clubs are way too expensive for what they offer. I think I spent less than $10 for a Chinese safety razor at Amazon, and the Feather blades are dirt cheap.

I use a depression era Gillette double edged safety razor with feather blades and or a 100 year old straight razor made in Paris if I have time. Badger hair brush and soap.

• Like 2