Where do you shoot?

Rabbi

40 yard range behind the barn. We had a covered "lean to" put on the rear of the barn with a concrete pad just so we could shoot there. We used dirt from the barn foundation dig to build a backstop. I can even use it from the Deere Room at the back of the house if I am really lazy/ in a hurry. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crockett said:

It's a public range, run by the county. Very strict, very clean, no surprises.

Are there steel plates behind the baffles? If not what is roughly the thickness of the wood?

7 minutes ago, Metpol said:

Are there steel plates behind the baffles? If not what is roughly the thickness of the wood?

I will have to pay attention the next time I'm going, can't recall right now. It is possible that they are in place to reduce noise emissions for the most part.

Police Range (indoor and outdoor) - 24/7 access

Community owned indoor range - daytime access (when open)

Privately owned outdoor range - daytime access (open or closed)

Personally owned land outside of town - 24/7 access

Various friend's land outside of town - when invited

6 hours ago, PNWguy said:

My dad is big into various old fart rifle matches and has targets at his property up to 300yds away with an indoor shooting bench and spotting scope...

100_1117.thumb.JPG.ecb0bbcda5746a30fe29e3534accdbe5.JPG

Or the family cabin which has just a 25yd pistol setup...

100_1080.thumb.JPG.9464510943510eb63ddfe1adcd860f54.JPG

I wish I had your dad's "old fart rifle range". Unfortunately, Florida is relatively flat with not many dips and hollows.  I'm lucky to have some rise across my back pasture and have built up a berm at the far side. Nothing much to look at, but from the covered shooting bench to berm is 93 yards and I can back up another 7 yards under an oak tree to get to 100 yards. All closer range handgun fire is into rising ground and quite safe. All I have to do when I want to shoot is move the cows into the north pasture and they will always follow a bucket of cattle cubes.

Indoor: Ultimate Defense, St Peters, MO: shoot there infrequently but it’s a well run range

Outdoor: Busch (yes, that Busch) Wildlife State Conservation Area: new re-constructed range with 50 and 100 yard ranges, skeet/trap area, rifle sighting area and archery range. $3.00/hr.

Indoor range. Not much in the way of BLM land anymore (when it's actually open). There is one outdoor range about 40 minutes away that i try to get to once or twice a year. Other than that, if I want to practice CQC, I go to the local hood at midnight :-).

When at home in Bastrop, it is mostly public ranges. There is a shop in town that is going to be opening an indoor range sometime this year if he ever gets past all the red tape.

We also have some land up in East Texas that is a great place to shoot, but we are putting it on the market soon, so that is coming to an end. >:(

I normally shoot at our family farm although I do belong to a gun club that has a 600 yard range. I used to shoot there a lot but since Trump was elected and our rights aren't under threat, the range is rather busy.

I've shot at an indoor range but the poor gun handling by others has kept me from going back.

My property next to our house that has AR500 steel circles, or paper targets, ranging out to 140 yards over level mowed grass.  A fence to the right of the shooting lane allows a blanket to catch any brass that is thrown.  

Once a month my dept pays for us to drive to a private indoor range where they provide at no cost to us one FBI-Q target and 50-rounds of factory ammo.

personal range  we built , 15 friends .  plus   we have a friend who big basement  under a building he leases  he rigged it up with old cars , manaquins  , different light , and  poster of good people or bad guys  , we paintball down there in most dark til light comes on .  some nights we allow night vision